•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. R

Seats!

Ok here's the deal. My 1987 Bronco 2 needs a driver seat. 1. The back is broke, one side leans back more than the other. I had it welded up and reinforced locally. That improved it a lot, but it's still not right. 2. The previous owner smoked like a chimney and burned a hole in the seat...
  2. R

Parts interchange questions

Ok so the speedometer drive gearing in the transfer case is crapping out in my Bronco 2. Last fall I put a new drive gear on it, but I didn't replace the worm gear. It worked fine until today. The Bronco 2 is 2wd, and uses a 1359 dummy transfer case. After the FM145 died, I swapped in a 4wd...
  3. R

4.0L swap wiring questions

I have a '92 Explorer and an '87 Bronco 2. Right now the 2.9L in the Bronco 2 is running fine. I am, however, getting my facts together for the 4.0L swap so that when the 2.9L does let go (we know eventually it will) I can be ready. Specifically, where will I run into problems with wiring...
  4. R

0w20 experiment

I've decided to get a bit adventurous recently. I had Redline 0w30 in the 2.9L in my Bronco 2, but still had a bit of lifter tick on those below zero mornings. Still, it was much less than it was on cold mornings with 10w30. So apparently, for cold lifter tick, thinner is better. I followed...
  5. R

Possibly leaking gasket

I just put a new lower intake manifold gasket on my 2.9L to fix a massive oil leak, so it's nickname wouldn't be the "Exxon Valdez" any more. Anyway, when I had the machine shop clean up the lower intake manifold, the media/bead blasted it. It appeared to have pitted it in places, one of them...
  6. R

Dash rattle

I got a 1987 Bronco 2 last year, and have been reasonably happy with it after fixing the problems. However, there is one problem I haven't been able to fix. At about 1900 to 2000rpm, when I give it a little gas, there is this annoying little rattle coming from the driver side of the dash. It...