•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. F

Altitude, rain and performance?

Can anyone explain the relationship of altitude or rain on performance? About a year ago my B2 suddenly started bucking badly (1st gear) in hot weather/sea-level, but I have noticed it is better in the rain. I am at sea-level. Recently, I was quite happy with it's performance and pick up at only...
  2. F

TFI issue?

Woe is me, I got rid of a good Ranger because of the same symptoms, only to find out it had been a bad alternator when I swapped THAT over to my Bll! I knew the brushes were good, I didn't draw a connection between diodes and heat. I NEVER associated it with the alt, as it only ran poor when...
  3. F

Headlight Issue

In my 88 Ranger, the wires came 'loose' about twice a year in the steering column (found this out after replacing the HL switch and having the problem recur), so hubby eventually got a wire 'receiver' from the junkie and spliced it in (inside the column)to hold the whole thing tightly. The old...
  4. F

TFI troubles and woes.

I haven't experienced any of the heat prob's with my TFI in my 88 Ranger nor my 89 Bll. Only time I've had similar running issues was when the O2 sensor needed replacing-both times-both trucks....
  5. F

8b2 leaking in the front of the cab any ideas?

I did it even quicker! I'm waiting out the rainy season, so I liberally-and I mean liberally!- applied vaseline around/into the upper corner trim with my fingers, and I am dry as a bone for 2 months now. Prior, it was a drip every 3 seconds- we're were talking a mini pond here...I thought about...
  6. F

Tanks too damn small!

I get about 560km's (350miles) on my 88 Bll also, but that's short runs all day and gear blocking. j6boomer, I'd like to know what YOU'RE doing, 'cause by your calc's, I'm shy by,what, 200km's or 120 more miles? How do you do that? At 1.31-1.41 litre-Lord almighty!
  7. F

washer toggle

Hoping someone can help... have a 89 B2 and there;s no power to the washer fluid pump. Any tips on where/how to wire in a toggle? I'm not electrical, and can't get it to run when I tap into an open 30amp fuse area under the hood- should I try under the dash? When I connect directly to the...