•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. DFWBII

Question about some mods...

haha,,thats what I going to do to mine too(not spill it tho) so itll be water and air tight and maybe deaden the road noise some too. haven't taken mine in really deep mud/water yet so want to strip seats, carpets and seal it good. already new seals around the doors,body and door rubbers. got to...
  2. DFWBII

Question about some mods...

Hi welcome to the forums,,lots of helpful people here and good info. where are you located btw?? state, city etc. put this in your about me section and more info about your rig,,engine size, tranny, gears etc. this will be helpful to others when you ask questions here. have fun with your...
  3. DFWBII

at what RPM do you shift at?

Nice picture of your rig. wish mine was that active,,just stock set-up now,,nuttin extreme like yours. but do have fun with it the way it is. may get more aggressive set-up as time goes by and find the parts locally at the j/y's.:icon_thumby::icon_cheers:. thanks for sharing..Larry
  4. DFWBII

at what RPM do you shift at?

ditto there. I swapped a '87 2.9 TB into my '88 BII 5-spd 4X4and it made a big difference on the power and taking off and passing sectors. now to jack up timing to 12TDC from the stock 10TDC and see what itll do. but it is usung more petrol Ive noticed but what the h---,,gas is down to 3.10 gal...
  5. DFWBII

Where to find diagram of Engine compartment?

Hi ponyup,, No,, I strip most all the BIIs and Rangers down at the Mansfield,Tx. junkyards,, never been to Dallas yards. If'n your looking for a particular part,, let me know as they have 4-5 BIIs/Rangers where I go. lots of good parts left on 'em, trim, motors, wheels, fenders, etc etc. may go...
  6. DFWBII

Yo neighbor,, tnx for the invite to your group's fall shindigs. Havev't checked in here lately so gotta git caught up,,haha. I be glad to join your group. I don'y venture far from Arlington,Tx,,just mainly to Mansfield to the good j/y's there. theres also a bif j/y north of Denton,Tx right on...
  7. DFWBII

wiring diagram power windows

yo basketranger,, I have an official Ford Truck Shop manual for my '88 II Bronco II with some good schematics in it. Got it From Helms.com on line. very good maual about 3" thick the mechanics used in dealers shops. It may have info you could use,, 88-90 are similar in certain aspects. I'm in...
  8. DFWBII

Hi neighbor to the north. Just had to butt in here and say howdee to you. things do tend to be bigger here but not always,,heehee. I been re-storing my '88 BII since last Sept,, 3rd owner and its was a basket case when I got it. but Im gettin it together little by little as time allows. got lots...
  9. DFWBII

Hi there,, I have an '88 BII I been restoring/replacing/ re-wiring also. Is fun to me doing this as Ive been 'working' on cars since I was 12 y/o with my dear Dad who was a mechanic by trade,,bless his heart. Mechanical stuff just come naturally to me or I inherited his skills,, I :dunno:. I...
  10. DFWBII

B2 seat covers

Hi,, is Plasti-dip a spray-on dye for upholstery? I never herd of it,,, need to change color on my BII. Ill check at Oreillys and AZ here..Larry.. dang tired of this unusually hot summer,,arg.:icon_cheers:
  11. DFWBII

Bronco II Gallery now open

Nice,, Ill try to add pix of my BII soon as I figure out my camera stuff,,arg...Im so stoopid on this stuff..but Ill learn evintually.haha. be patient men.
  12. DFWBII

B2 Not for sale

HAHAHA,,I'm in the same 'boat' as you and many others on that point. Not ready to part with mine for a long time,, have too much fun with it, gotta do some more 4-wheelin and parts-gettin with it. finish painting it, interior re-do, etc. but it runs dam good well. Plus I doesn't have to have...
  13. DFWBII

B2 Not for sale

But,,, we're having fun with 'em though, eh? gotta have our toys to play with, eh? ya can't put a price on fun,, some people play golf, archery, sport fishing, pool, etc. for relaxation. 'working' on my BII is a form of relaxation/recreation to me.:yahoo::icon_pepsi::icon_cheers:
  14. DFWBII

B2 Not for sale

Wife came home from vacation and saw the BII in the driveway. 'who's is that thing she asked me. Mine I told her. how much you pay for it she asked. $1000 I told her. She blew her stack and been mad about it since after christmas and I got it in Sept. Women,,whats the hell wrong with 'em?? she...
  15. DFWBII

B2 Cruise Control

Mine still works,, use it when-ever I get on the inter-states or 4 lane country roads. works like a charm. gotta be going bout 30 before it kicks in tho. comes in handy when my leg gets tired.
  16. DFWBII

stock b2 rack

Hello from Arlington,Tx where its been 105 last few days and counting. I have an '88 BII with factory roof rack. use it very seldom, has adjustable rails and locking gadgets for ropes. you might go to a Ford dealer and ask some of the 'old' mechanics or salesmen there about how its fastened to...
  17. DFWBII

I have a 1988 Ford Truck Shop Manual for Ranger/Bronco II I got from Helm's on-line. its about 2 inches thick and is a lot better than Hayne's book. FPS-12013-88 (Litho in USA August, 1987 on back cover) is, I believe, the library number. this is published by Ford Parts and Service Division...
  18. DFWBII

Glitch in fuse panel-wiring,,'88 BII

Tnx,, yes that's what Im thinking too. This has to be a wire that gets power when the key is on/engine running. maybe a hot wire rubbing against the tail/parking light wires in the fuse box. Why would replaceing the fuses with the right size cause this problem? that fuse panel is a b---h to get...
  19. DFWBII

Yes sir,, 1X1 replaced, while consulting the Helm's book and the schematic list on the fuse box cover. 20, 25, 30s. double checked there were a couple fuses cracked or dis-colored due to age but still functional cause the wire inside was not broken. there were a couple also wrong size/color...
  20. DFWBII

Un-hooked battery(always do this when working on electrical stuff) before I pulled out all fuses/breakers to clean contacts and put in correct fuses. Got all new fuses in,,hooked up battery again,, no smoking wires or anything clicking, etc. Started it up that eve and noticed the parking and...