•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. W

84 bronco 2 wiper issue

i don't have the intermitant wipers, its just the standard 3 speed fast med and slow. would the governor be on the intermitant ones only or both?
  2. W

84 bronco 2 wiper issue

hey all i have an 84 bronco II and i have a weird issue with the wipers stuck on one speed ...slow. i have tried various other switches and still the same and i even tried takeing it apart like in the tech phantom wiper fix. still nothing still stuck on one speed. it only worked in all speeds...
  3. W

kickdown problem

actually thats a great idea with the threaded section and nut for adjustability. i think i will do that. someone told me recently that a brake cable from an atv already has a end that is threaded with an adjustable nut so i am looking into this. thanks for the offer hotrodlincoln i think i will...
  4. W

kickdown problem

the engine runs excellent and there is no problems with the carb its just the kick down rod is not hooked up and i wanna hook it up so i can drive it but not sure how to adjust the lever on the trany to make things line up. i just had the trany rebuilt a few years ago and don't wanna mess with...
  5. W

kickdown problem

the unit was originally a 4 spd standard, when i bought it at the auction the tranny was blown so i stuck in the c5 auto. it still has the same carb on it so it doesn't have the little lever that the autos came with where the kick down rod would connect to, so i fabed up a little bracket for it...
  6. W

kickdown problem

hey all for my 2.8l in my bronco 2 the kickdown rod going to the trany doesn't line up. its off by like and inch or two, i was wondering how important is that unit that sits inbetween the carb and intake that has a vacuum hose hooked up to it? vaccum diaphram i think? if i remove that spacer it...
  7. W

c5 auto linkage alighment issues

hey all my vehicle is a 84 bronco 2 and it was a 2.8l 4 spd standard but its now a 2.8l c5 auto. my issue is i had the trany rebuild a few years ago and the project kinda fizzled out and the only thing left is just to hook up the linkage that goes from the carb to the trany. that kickdown rod...
  8. W

84 bronco II c5 trany

cool let me see what i can do.
  9. W

84 bronco II c5 trany

hey guys justa quick question, on a c5 trany on my bronco II the connecting rod that goes from the carb to the little lever on the tranny, normally when its hooked up from the factory its hooked up so the connecting rod pushes down on the lever which would be counter clockwise if you were facing...
  10. W

94 Explorer parts in a 88 bronco II

i'm not an expert on this but from what i gathered/heard if you swap out the diffs from the explore into the bronco II i think you can gain like a 2" ish lift.
  11. W

2.8 l fuel injection

hmm???? interesting i hope the 2.9l system is suffiecient
  12. W

2.8 l fuel injection

yes i am thinking of fuel injecting my 2.8l. i read the post of the person who did the write up and found it very informative so it dawned on me about the last few years of the bronco II that were fuel injected and was wondering if the stock fuel injection lines, pumps, and such would be...
  13. W

2.8 l fuel injection

hey all i am not sure if what i am about to ask has been posted before cause i haven't been here in a long time. regarding the fuel pump required for this seems to be calling for one from a ranger. but what about a later model bronco II that has the fuel injected engines like the 2.9 v6? i am...
  14. W

bronco II 2.8l issues

thanks i will double check the wires and takes lots of pics before i start yanking this mess out so if it doesn't work i can rehook it up like now.
  15. W

bronco II 2.8l issues

thats kinda what i thought. after rereading the info over and over its a simple plug and play so i went the manuals to check the wiring harness and such. none of the colour code wireing matched what i had so i went straight to one of my local ford dealerships to asked them for help. so it turns...
  16. W

bronco II 2.8l issues

hey all my project is a 84 bronco II with a 2.8l c5 auto.it use to be a stick but is now and auto. it has a 3" body lift and the rest is stock. my problems started with the tfi ignition. so i got the necessary new parts to do the dura spark conversion. i was having difficulty with the wiring so...
  17. W

starter wiring?

hey all i recently had my 84 bronco II ignition wiring(dura spark conversion) done by a 4x4 shop and when it starts it sounds kinda weird. when it had the tfi it started great, meaning when i turned the key it cranked over very strong judging by the sound of it turning over. after the duraspark...