•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. chvlfrk

newbie from tn.

WELCOME! Wherebouts in TN?
  2. chvlfrk

8.8 swap questions

Umm....... ============================= You don't have to remove the old perches, as the U-bolts will go outside of them, and not interfer at all. You WILL have to fabricate a upper shock mount crossmember or transfer the shock mounts on the axle tubes to the Explorer 8.8. GL!
  3. chvlfrk

Explorer Frame Dimension

>>> I'd ballpark it at 6" wider than a Ranger as the springs are mounted under the frame on a Explorer.
  4. chvlfrk

My Bronco 2

>>> NICE lookin Bronco II....................only thing I can say negative bout it is, it's CRYIN for some BIG/WIDE TIRES!:icon_surprised: IMO, some 15X10's with 33x12.50's on it would look GREAT & give it a big BOOST cosmetically!:headbang:
  5. chvlfrk

95 ford explorer parts ?

Fyi>>> ========================================= Are you swappin steerin columns? That pic is of the clock-spring that connects to your airbag within the steerin wheel and can also interfer with your turnsignals. If your Bronco II doesn't have an airbag in the steerin wheel, then you don't...
  6. chvlfrk

Honing of aluminum wheels>

I have had this done twice on Jeep Canyon wheels by a machine shop, it costs me $10 per wheel, then I used push-through center caps, and have had NO ISSUES: BEFORE: AFTER:
  7. chvlfrk

Explorer Disc Brakes on 9" Ford Rearend

I doubt it, as the 9" rearend axles are held in by 4 bolts at the end of the axle tube, while 8.8's are c-clipped. If you can locate a late 70's or 80's model Lincoln Versille, they had 9" with discs, not sure of other models though. http://www.lincolnversailles.com/changes.htm
  8. chvlfrk

foxbody mustang on bronco II frame

=========================================== That one does look SWEET.................anymore pics? Only thing I'd of done different, it that ugly air cleaner.......shoulda been able to keep it all under hood with that body?
  9. chvlfrk

Yuk! Now that looks like SH*T!!!:shok: Definitely needed some more thought put into that build:icon_twisted:.............
  10. chvlfrk

Fyi>>> ============================================= Seen G-bodies 4X4'd before...............best frame for that is a SWB Chevy truck or Blazer if your doin the frame swap..............one of the nicest one's I've seen was a 78 Elky, NO FRAME SWAP, guy took International Scout leafs & axles...
  11. chvlfrk

???? ============================================= ^^^^This is YOUR QUOTE right???? "That one you see is most likely a rich kids project. Otherwise its not on a bronco chassis at all. It's a lifted mustang, which is alot more possible" Who in their right mind is gonna lift a Mustang? The one...
  12. chvlfrk

Duh! I guess you've never owned or messed with a fox bodied Mustang, Fairmont, or T-Bird:dunno:.............I've never owned a Fairmont or T-Bird as yet, but I have had several late 80's, early 90's Mustangs and their unibodies are flimsy, and don't take nothin to twistem into JUNK! So a...
  13. chvlfrk

Not Mine! 85 Mustang GT Convertible on Bronco II chassis: The guy that built this did a mid 80's Chevy Celebrity on a S10 4X4 chassis too...................