•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

I am intrigued, please tell me more! Have any pics? What model of fj? Does it hook up to the ford hydraulic line?
  2. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

well, after a long break from the internet........... i haven't made much progress. life got busy, and the projects got the back-burner treatment. the '94 5.0 is in. used a '94 manual trans flywheel and clutch with the older bellhousing that was on the np435. i really hope a stock starter...
  3. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Well, the FI experiment was a failure. Friday afternoon i finished hooking up the wiring, and tried to get the motor to crank. Starter wouldnt spin, and the computer was beeping codes at me. Weighed my options and decided to go back to carb. So saturday i removed the f150 wiring harness, and...
  4. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Thanks! I hope your new project goes well. A little update, the F150 motor is in. Had to switch over to the old exhaust manifolds, but the oil pan clears. Transmission is not in. Turns out the old style pressure plate does not line up with the 94 f150 flywheel. Need to do some research to...
  5. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

today's progress
  6. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Did a little work last sunday About to pull the motor from the F150
  7. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Thanks everyone. Not much to update, right now most of my spare time is spent building a privacy fence in my backyard. Got about 300 feet done, about 250 more feet to go My intended use is a little bit of everything. Bad weather, fishing, camping, mild to moderate trail riding, and i may...
  8. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Thanks! Wow :icon_surprised: I tried reading my whole build thread once. It looked indecisive and scatterbrained :D It wasn't that long ago I was scared to swap in a Dana 35 TTB when the Dana 28 died. Now the body and frame are the only 84 BII parts left.... Thanks for the compliment...
  9. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

not much to update. got some 35's. not in the best of shape, treads don't match, but they were cheap. something to sit on instead of the stock tires, and help me decide what the final tire size will be i'll have to do a little cutting to accommodate the wheelbase stretch, but that was...
  10. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Finally got power run out to my shed, that is going to make things much easier. today I did some more prep work to the rigs for the engine swap. On the bronco i took the exhaust manifolds back of and bolted up my block off kit. going to bolt on the chains for the engine hoist soon. On the...
  11. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Had to roll a tire up to see what it'll look like
  12. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

seems like this is the general consensus, which is a relief. i'm still going to try and fit one of the pump assemblies from the 150 onto the 84 B2 tank, mainly because at least one works, and they are both right here and easy to get to. otherwise i have to drive 200 miles (one way), pull the...
  13. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Found a good deal on 2 35x12.5 mud tires. Not much tread, but i can use them to see how much i need to trim the rear fenders since i pushed the rear axle back about 2 inches
  14. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

sorry, swapping them over to the B2 as well (i like the power adjustment) yeah, i hate to tear apart a rig in this good of condition, but with over 250,000 miles, i wouldn't get much out of it.
  15. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Thanks! Got the wiring for the fuel pump and taillights ran today (the f150 tail lamp sockets fit right into the BII taillights). I have to cut one more hole in the firewall for the plug to pass through, then the main part of the wiring job will be done. kept the wires for the second fuel...
  16. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Today finished tearing down the f150 dash and here is the wiring harness from behind the F150 dash and here is is in the bronco fuse panel bolted right in, most of the wiring snapped into where the original wiring was, and quite a bit of the color coding is the same. the F150...
  17. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

how about an update! my progress of the past few days 11/21/11 Went to visit my folks, and got on the tractor. And headed out into the woods hmm, whats that? its my new donor rig! 94 F150 with 250,000+ miles on the clock. BUT with a rebuilt 302 with around 20,000 miles. it was...
  18. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

20 footer. a little longer, and i think i could have fit both. it would also be a combined BIIs/trailer load of around 10,000 pounds. with no trailer brakes and p series tires. :icon_surprised: thanks! hope it was an entertaining read :icon_thumby: not even sure if it runs, and it sat...
  19. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

its tempting. heck, i dont even need half the stuff i piled in it. i just saved a bunch of stock parts from the other 2 that i scrapped. i'd even throw in a full width 44/8.8 combo that i'm not using. its a dandy storage shed, but the right price would take it. clean title too.
  20. Tony Raine

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Thanks! reading it all in one sitting must look like i am scatterbrained, and can't make up my mind on anything. oh well, at least i am having fun :icon_thumby: well, loaded up the b2 for its voyage to my new house. going to bring the brown one out later first time its moved in quite awhile...