•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. ForOffRoadDriving

Where to find diagram of Engine compartment?

one thing that was never mentioned was whether or not your 86 has AC? i have a round 3 hole plug going to my AC (when it had ac, i took it off in favor of gaining access to the spark plugs on the passenger side) that looks very similar to the one shown. it also looks similar to the connector...
  2. ForOffRoadDriving

Where to find diagram of Engine compartment?

check the little white rollers on the bottom hinge. when they stop rolling they wind up getting a groove worn into them which can cause a creaking noise as the door is opened and pulled shut. also grab the door at the very end and lift up on it, if it moves up and down its time to replace the...
  3. ForOffRoadDriving

mudding in the bii

common sense would say yes, buy the explorer and take the 8.8 and D35 and put them into the B2, pull the radiator out and put that in the B2 as well, and then scrap the explorer for anywhere from 200-300. you might still have hidden costs in the explorer parts such as new ujoints and seals and...
  4. ForOffRoadDriving

horrible

yes, moog are very good quality and carry a lifetime warranty.
  5. ForOffRoadDriving

Why a broncoii ?

thats the thing that keeps me lusting after one, that and the shorter wheel base is nicer for wheeling than an ext cab ranger with a bad departure angle.
  6. ForOffRoadDriving

Time for wheel bearings

so its finally time to replace a wheel bearing on the GF's sporttrac, and since i work at the parts store i figured id share with you the american made bearing ill be putting on. the company is called WheelBearingsInc. and theyre located in gaylord mi, about 4 hours north of my town or 1 hour...
  7. ForOffRoadDriving

Scavenging for M50D swap

when i did the swap on my 1990 ranger, the computer would throw codes occasionally, but they were because the computer couldnt communicate with the shift solenoids, but it didnt cause the timing to do anything differently.
  8. ForOffRoadDriving

Bronco II 4WD Prerunner

those look sweet, i guess i never though about swapping the core support and header panel out for one of a newer generation?
  9. ForOffRoadDriving

Tow Hooks?

NICE!:headbang:
  10. ForOffRoadDriving

Tow Hooks?

i mounted a pair of the hook style ones (with the spring clips to keep your strap from falling loose) on the bottom side of each frame rail on the front of my 90, i lined up one hole and put a bolt through, then drilled a second hole in the frame so the other bolt could go through. sorry i dont...
  11. ForOffRoadDriving

Tony Raine's Bronco II

you can take that flywheel to a machine shop and have them flip the ring gear. theyll heat it in the oven for 30 mins or so at 400* and then pull it off and let the flywheel cool while leaving the ring gear in the oven. once the flywheel is cooled to the touch you pull the ring gear out of the...
  12. ForOffRoadDriving

Project El Taco...1990 BII

Asweet b2, i just read all 11 pages and im impressed, definately subscribed!
  13. ForOffRoadDriving

country0001's Blue B2 build

Too bad your not closer, ive got a set of 4 BFG MTs 30x9.50x15 that id sell for $100, but the shipping would be 3 times that probably.
  14. ForOffRoadDriving

mystery button in my eb b2

any pics? im having a hard time visualizing the panel right now
  15. ForOffRoadDriving

My new toy!

rust free b2? im tuned it!
  16. ForOffRoadDriving

changing front differential fluid in 2005 sport trac?

thanks alot sasquatch_ryda, i figured id have to go all the way, as in no short cuts, but thats ok ill just set aside a full day for garage time and get this sucker knocked out.
  17. ForOffRoadDriving

i read in the manual that the 8.8 with track lock takes 75w140 and is good for the lifetime of the truck, but i changed it anyways because there is no such thing as a lifetime lubricant (the stuff was already cloudy and black and took quite a bit of brake cleaner to get the film off from...
  18. ForOffRoadDriving

i used the search function as well as searched google and yahoo, but still havent found an answer on this question. my girl friend has an 05 explorer sport trac and this past weeked i did a full fluid change on the engine oil, transfer case, transmission (new filter also), and rear...
  19. ForOffRoadDriving

1988 BII Build

lookin good so far, did you run a compression check on it before you tore it down to pinpoint which cylinder was leaking? got any pics of the old head gaskets? the 2.9ls are famous for cracking so id have them magnafluxed if the napa by you offers this service. i wish we had rust like that...
  20. ForOffRoadDriving

emissions help.......please

you can also try running some seat foam through the vaccum line on the brake booster, this will clean carbon off the tops of the valves and pistons, can help to wake up lazy 02 sensors, and will clean deposits off from the bricks in your catalytic converter.