•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

2.8 Performance

Well Gents, I have found little bits and pieces of the article, thanks to the link you posted, Ranger. But, I have not found the whole thing. In any case here are a few juicy tidbits... If his assessment of the compression with the tall 1.535" piston is correct, the result using the shorter...
  2. J

2.8 Performance

'85_Ranger4X4... Thank you!!! Looks like I have my work cut out... It was a 2 or 3 page deal with pics and all... Oh boy! Coyoté
  3. J

2.8 Performance

Bob, Thanks so much for your answer... Believe me, I understand the necessity of a good crank grinder ... since as I understand it the only modification is to convert the nose of the crank to accept the 2.8 lower timing gear in place of the 2.9 sprocket. It was also my understanding from...
  4. J

2.8 Performance

2.8L Stroker... Some time back I caught a post, can't remember where exactly, but it laid out the procedure for modifying and installing a 2.9L crank, rods, and pistons into the 2.8 block... Have any of you guys heard of this. JTCoyoté
  5. J

2.8 Performance

JoshT, Makes a lot of sense actually and after looking at the design of the crossover shown at your link, when you keep in mind the direct across block firing order of this engine being 1-4-2-5-3-6 it makes a whale of a lot of sense... This cross-over pipe would help greatly in causing a...
  6. J

2.8 Performance

JoshT, What is the reason for the exhaust crossover... is this a small diameter pressure equalizer, or are there some other issues that I should be aware of. JTCoyoté
  7. J

2.8 Performance

I'm in Summit County Colorado about 5 miles west of the divide at the Eisenhower Tunnel. Now snow gets deep here... My '87 B2 has a 6" lift, 4" chassis and 2" body... It has 32x11.50 AT's mounted and I chain the fronts when need be... the ol' boy carries 3.73's in the punkins... a little high...
  8. J

2.8 Performance

Natedog, You are the MAN... I have been a 2.8 lover for a while and have slowly been building a little 2800 for my '87 B2, when the 2.9 tires out... well, that time has come... Though the 2.8 with the same bore at 3.66" but shorter stroke at 2.70", isn't as "torque-y", nor does it have the HP...