•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Die.Fledermaus

Looking for a temporary winch to use at Gulches.

Do buy the harbor freight winch, I know first hand how handy they are, mine has done single line pulls of my B2 off ruts and other times when I had all four wheels off traction. The failures I have had after more than a year is water ingress into the brush housing seizing brushes (annoying but...
  2. Die.Fledermaus

Looking for a temporary winch to use at Gulches.

My b2 is very stock and about 4,000lbs, I have used the HF 6k as posted with great luck. How temporary are you thinking? A farm jack and chain will remove anything given time
  3. Die.Fledermaus

rebuild on 86 b2

Because it is a truck I suggest hills, and this is the basic method I use; http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
  4. Die.Fledermaus

No fuel pressure, can hear fuel pump engage

If there is a wiring loom feeding it, it is a pump.
  5. Die.Fledermaus

Bronco II Fuel Line

I went through the exact same issue with my filter replacement, the stupid o-ring that came with the first two filters wouldn't stay seated and seal. They jumped off the seat got pinched by the threads. What I did was go to an industrial fire hose equipment supply and dig through their...
  6. Die.Fledermaus

Injectors stuck in manifold

Remove the stamped horse shoe clip and pull the injector straight out. If it feels stuck it is ok to pull injector out of the o-ring, then remove the o-ring.
  7. Die.Fledermaus

valve cover question

I just did the same to both my valve covers, the PVC grommets was perfect from the top and totally rubble on the bottom. The "ford Motorcraft 42592" close enough is "Dorman Help! 42049"
  8. Die.Fledermaus

BII Tank capacity

Last month I ran mine to to below empty only to discover roughly the same failure. So I added a sending unit w/new sock. Driven over 200 miles and gauge seems to be reading OK now. Myself I would rather have it work so I have longer time between stops.
  9. Die.Fledermaus

early bronco looking bronco II?

I thought it was a different conversion, even though the base truck color was the same. I'm not worried about adapting the round bucket, I have sazall'ed and welded enough. It is the surround part I have no clue on starting. I don't mind making a MDF mirror as in the link, but have never done...
  10. Die.Fledermaus

early bronco looking bronco II?

I love it, how did you do the round headlight surround trim to square grille?
  11. Die.Fledermaus

did Eddie Bauer BII's

My '86 is an EB, manual, rear trac-loc, AC, cruise, 4wd, swing out spare, rear defrost & wiper. The windows are manual and I think the sunroof is aftermarket.