•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. L

On the road again?

Havent posted here in a few years... my 89 has been sitting in a drive way for atleast 3 years :( looking to get it back on the road. History. Bough my uncles 89 bronco 2. Turns out the heads were cracked. Did a complete top end rebuild used heads (sent to a shop no cracks everything seemed...
  2. L

4.0 swap opinions

Ok well the 2.9 rebuild didnt last long... already got water in the oil... with all the problems with the head im assuming its another cracked head.... with that being said sadly she has been parked... i have been looking at new trucks but came to the conclusion that i would like to do the 4.0...
  3. L

89 B2 4.0 swap answeres needed

Ok i have decided to do the swap... not going to happen anytime soon however i would like to be fully prepared... 89 b2... what is the best year 4.0 out of an ex to put in? I plan on getting the motor and having it on an engine stand for sometime so dont necessarily need a running one because i...
  4. L

Idle questions

so if you read any of my threads i have recently rebuilt the top end of my 2.9 on my b2.... when i come to stop light, sign, dead end.... any time i come to a stop lol the rpms dip down to about 500 and it acts like it wants to cut off after a little hesitation it goes back up and stays around...
  5. L

Coil Springs...

Well its got new shocks and new rear leafs might as well finish off the suspension for now and do the coil springs.... Come to the realization this is going to be my daily driver for now and will become a project truck later in its life so there for i need to get away from the whole lets make...
  6. L

Radford Virginia

Noticed a few b2s around since i started driving... was wondering if any of you guys were on the site... or for that matter anyone anywhere near radford virginia a member here?
  7. L

leaf spring shackle

is the back leaf spring shackle spring loaded? was facing downward then put a socket on it to no avail to remove the whole thing and the bolt is rounded off now but also it rotated conterclockwise and is pushed up under the bumper whenever i try to pull it out it moves only a little and goes...
  8. L

Before Ex leaf spring swap

Pretty sure the original leafs are no good i know the bushings are shot but i think the actualy leafs themselves have seen better days! This is a pic of before i do the swap will take measurements and post them later but im pretty sure the front end is atleast 1.5-2 inches higher than the rear
  9. L

Body Lift worth it?

The list of things to do on this B2 continues to grow!!! Noticed the body bushings between frame and body are worn out! Found replacement bushings for 80 bucks come to the conclusion that this is how you do body lifts as well would it be worth it to go ahead and put a 2 inch body lift on it...
  10. L

Oil Leak... Rookie Mistake?

Ok i think i figured out what i did wrong... but that comes with not being a mechanic and doing it yourself with no help at all.... Replaced both heads.... so as im putting the lower intake gasket on it says to put the rv black silicone on the strips of the gasket so i see 4 small red strips on...
  11. L

Tires

ok finally about to be back on the road after my exhaust is legal lol taxes coming in the mail soon looking at putting some new rubber on the wheels... what i have on it are 16 inch wheels from the junkyard off a mercury mariner.... i have the original 15 inch wheels for the b2 and i am about...
  12. L

Code Reader?

Got my B2 back together got a check engine light.... what kind of code reader do i need to hook into the computer? how expensive are they and can you rent them at an auto parts store?
  13. L

2.9 Clutch

When replacing the clutch in the 2.9 can i replace it with a 10 inch clutch kit i am assuming its an 8 inch? Would i have to replace fly wheel as well as starter? What are the benefits of a 10 inch clutch other than being stronger?
  14. L

valve cover question

getting parts together/ ordered to reassemble my engine. When i removed the valve covers i decided to paint them. Removed a rubber insert from both covers which have 2 hoses that plug into them. It has motorcraft and numbers 42592 on them but the motorcraft website does not recognize the part...
  15. L

Crankshaft pulley?

Harmonic balance puller is assembled to the pulley but when it gets a little pressure to it instead of popping it free it turns the motor over... heads are off the engine which im thinking would have cause compression and keeping the motor from turning?... any way to remove with heads off? or is...
  16. L

exhaust manifold bolts :(

Got the left side head out (looking from front of truck) snapped off 3 bolts on exhaust manifold on that side because they were so rusted. Now removing the exhaust manifold bolts on the right side 3 have been stripped and the others broke off.... any suggestions on the stripped bolt heads? of...
  17. L

help?

Got the headlights grill and bumper off. Is the thing between the radiator and grill the air condensor? is it removable and what is the best way to go about this? wanting to open up the whole front end hoping to do so without removing fenders but who knows maybe thats the step im missing?
  18. L

Blown head gasket

need suggestions on what to replace what to look for all that good stuff... gasket kit on rockauto is 60 bucks camshaft and hydraulic lifters 190 and a new timing set 80. anything else or any suggestions?
  19. L

4.0 clutch kit/ flywheel

suggestions on brands or where to buy?
  20. L

89 BroncoII

Uncle claims a valve is sticking and it needs a new clutch. This is according to a ticking noise in the engine as well as no getting in power until the clutch is almost completely released. Does this sound correct and if so its atleast a good starting point right? What would somone experienced...