•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

1984 Bronco II

Will the new improved later 2.9 heads bolt onto the 2.8 engine? Would it make much of a power difference? Can the 4.0 be a carb motor so I do not have to do much wire chasing? Thanks Jim
  2. J

Swaping the front 28 for ? 84 BII

I have been planning an engine upgrade in my 84 and have a 5.0/C4 but am concerned about the front axle and all I have read about it being a weak link. Is there an available stronger replacement, or is that the Explorer front axle I need to be searching for. If a thread is already create please...
  3. J

289 into 86 BII

(I had posted this over in the Bronco II specific section but thought here might be a good bet) I have a 289/C4 sitting and thought why not put it into an 86 BII. It is much like the 5.0 except it is out of a 1963 so of course carb'd. I have read through most of the tech but had a couple of...
  4. J

BIIs for sale - where to look

Where does one look for BII for sale? The link does not bring anything up and I was thinking today that I have only seen three in Central Missouri in the passed several months. Mind you I travel about 250 miles per day, 5 days per week. Thanks for the directions and ideas. Jim
  5. J

289 into a 1986 BII

I have a 289/C4 sitting and thought why not put it into an 86 BII. It is much like the 5.0 except it is out of a 1963 so of course carb'd. I have read through most of the tech but had a couple of questions and hoped someone had experience here to share. Will the 289 mat up to the existing trans...
  6. J

Tire Size

I have been reading the tech on tire/wheel size and fitment so I stopped at a friend's garage who does a lot of off roading and asked about tire size and he thought a 30x9/50 R15 would be about right on an 8.5 rim and should fit the BII w/o cutting or rubbing. Is that your alls experience...
  7. J

tire/wheel offset

I have been reading in the tech section regarding tire/wheel combinations and have a questions. If I replace the stock wheel/tire combination on my 86 BII with the 15x8.5 with 3.75 offset and 31 tires will they be further out in the wheel well than stock providing a slightly wider track and...