•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

184 2.8 ltr Bronco II, belching black smoke

check your choke, make sure it's opening all the way
  2. J

Bronco II Overdrive problem

mine did it all the way on the 70 mile trip home. after going through checking and fixing all the vacuum lines , the problem went away. 1985 B2
  3. J

Drive line question?

I just looked it up from NAPA and the manual and auto have different numbers, as well as different numbers for u joints
  4. J

Drive line question?

go to a reputable parts dealer online and search both parts and see if the part numbers are the same for both applications
  5. J

adding leafs

my 85 B2 seems a little mushy for me , I'd like to stiffen the rear suspension . I have a donor B2 which I need to pull a rear shackle from , so is there any reason why I couldn't add a leaf ? The B sits level at a good height. also would there be any need to go to a heavier shock ? And if...
  6. J

87BII turns over but wont start

any power to the injectors? Back in my GM days there were fuses for injectors, that was probably 75 percent of no starts,I really haven't gone into fuel delivery on Ford FI systems , but if you have fuel pressure and spark , that's what I would look for
  7. J

No power

a4ld pan looks like my pan... a4ld
  8. J

what is the standard size tire for a 86 B2 4x4?

door sticker on my 85 EB is 205 75 15 on the 88 xlt it's 195 75 15 I have 30 9.50 15 on the 85
  9. J

what?

already paid for them , going over later today and driving them home.
  10. J

what?

nope there's 2 nuts and the washer, the 2cnd is covered in grease, plus other stuff. The cam that does the locking isn't there. I had to adjust the bearing , so I know there both there, had to use a bar to turn the rotor, and to think I drove it 70 miles to get it home, bearings ok though ...
  11. J

what?

looks like you're the winner..:beer: , and to top that off I had to use a bar to get the rotor to turn .....I bought this off a truck mechanic
  12. J

what?

this just doesn't seem right, the guy I bought this from said the 4wd works great, so I checked and felt the trans case kick in, and then wrote it off as auto hubs as he said he hasn't used it since last winter, so get it home pull the hubs to clean them and this I found:icon_confused:
  13. J

84 b2

choke heater on the right of the carb. passenger side ......should have voltage when the engine is running. you can unplug it and check for v with a test light ...y or no.... you can get a jumper wire and jump voltage to the heater from the battery to see if the choke heater itself is working...
  14. J

84 b2

15. J

84 b2

uuuhh ok so I'm getting confused here now, "fourth gear didn't want to work " or it didn't want to run in fourth?.........check to see if your choke is opening all the way.....and flipping your lid shouldn't have any affect
  16. J

84 b2

not real sure about these feed back systems of ford ,but when I bought my 85 I had to drive it about 70 miles to get it home, all the way the OD kept acting like it wanted to kick in but would immediately kick back into D, after getting it home I found a few broken vac lines and 1 vacuum line in...
  17. J

Swap vs Swap

they say when it rains it pours...just got back from my brother in laws shop and out back he has a frame with 2.9, A4LD, d35 8.8 , hmmmm
  18. J

Swap vs Swap

my same thoughts as far as the body switch goes , but even with the engine swap I'm looking at engine harness swap , tank/fuel delivery, computer , and not real sure of what needs done under the dash or with the dash , even with a body swap .....fuse box, guages....compatibility issues , I've...
  19. J

84 b2

first thing I would do is ....... Take off breather , with the engine warmed up and idling put your hand on top of the carb blocking air to the carb ..... If the engine continues to run or speeds up you have a vacuum leak , BY SHUTTING OFF AIRFLOW THE ENGINE SHOULD DIE check all vacuum...
  20. J

Swap vs Swap

Hello , just registered , been reading these post after purchasing a BII , well actually 2 of them one is an 85 with the usual head problems(hasn't been torn down) ghostly disappearance of coolant . But has an excellent body and almost perfect interior. The second is an 86 in great mechanical...