•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. backwoods

2003 exploder= biggest P.O.S. I've ever owned

Quit yer braggin... Every time I think of trading it in, I look at the price for something else and the payment comes out higher than my repair costs averaged over 12 months. So, I suck it up and fix it. So, in 6 months when I have to tear into it again, I'll be all pissed off again. I was...
  2. backwoods

Well, I just pulled out my file on the car and started looking at costs. So, at 8 years of ownership, I'm over 24k in repair costs. I think I paid ~20k for the vehicle.
  3. backwoods

since 2004. Bought it used with less than 30k miles. Replaced solenoid. Also had to replace a servo piston. Started with duralast and that is when I was replacing them twice a year. Switched to Timken (always had good luck on everything else with timken-atvs, cars etc) which got me down to...
  4. backwoods

Just a quick little rant. :nopityA: I've never towed with the vehicle. It has never seen dirt. Never been wrecked. Has 130k miles. Since I've owned it, I've rebuilt the rear end. Replaced both front axles. Repaired the transmission. I have to do ball joints and wheel bearings in the front...
  5. backwoods

88 bII wont start

OT, but is this Randy?
  6. backwoods

Ford Explorer vs Jeep Cherokee

Just stay away from 2000 era exploders. My 2003 is the biggest piece of junk vehicle I have ever owned. My 92 grand cherokee ran forever with no problems. My 94 explorer was a money pit for the electrical. (just like my 94 ranger is). You could not keep the gauges working. Sent from my HTC...