•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. 86ford

New guy on the block!

Welcome! Get a radiator from a B2 with a Automatic trans (if you have a 5spd that is), I believe they are larger. With your b2 being a 1990 model we need to figure out what Transmission you have and what front axle. there were some "odd balls" that got the better front axle and transmission...
  2. 86ford

Problems!!! Help!!!

I am leaning towards IAC BUT the IAC will only have an effect on idle or close to idle speeds. My 2nd choice is the VAC advance system if it does it while driving. In reality I dont have enough facts to make a educated guess. 86
  3. 86ford

For all you picture whores who actually want updates on everyones rigs

I have had my b2 for around 16-19 months and have ridden it hard and put it away wet for the last time. Suffice it to say I am no longer going to build rigs without taking into consideration road manors UNLESS its ridding a trailer to and from the wheeling location. I will begin with pictures...
  4. 86ford

Rancho lift on B2

The b2s back in there years of production and the years following were known for having SERIOUS rollover issues so in an attempt to shield themselves from legal suits they just said not to put them on b2s. I have run the lift in question without trouble, proper plating of the lift brackets and...
  5. 86ford

Rancho lift on B2

I would be in some deep trouble if it did not work. I have been wheeling on my rancho lift with jeep coils for going on a year without failure. 86
  6. 86ford

Project "ROUGH" 88 Bronco Duece

what the heck do you have d-rings welded to your rear diff for? i KNOW what d-rings are for but have never seen someone weld them to a diff tube. 86
  7. 86ford

Project El Taco...1990 BII

i just finished a clutch on a 03 ranger this evening. the housing IS different BUT the clutch setup will work and so will the bolt pattern. the primary difference was the bottom has bolts that go all the way to a tab on the block/pan but they do not HAVE to be mounted to the block. the earlier...
  8. 86ford

2.3 into a BII.. Am I crazy?

if you want to be different swap in a 4.6, 5.4, 4.9, turbo 2.3, super coupe motor. not a single one would be easy, but it would be different. 86
  9. 86ford

Not Another CTOR Build

well, at least i know what my b2 will look like a year or 2 from now..... 86
  10. 86ford

Expedition style BII

we are talking about 2 different things. on a wheeling rig fj80 axles can only withstand so much weight just like any other axle. 35s on fj80s is like 31s on a explorer, you just wont break anything. take the same 2 rigs, put some 40 inch boggers on the cruiser and 35 boggers on the explorer...
  11. 86ford

Expedition style BII

running a oil burner in a b2 is a tough idea period. you would be better off with a EFI 302. as for the fj80 axles, they are tough, really tough but when you put them under a 6k or 7k rig that is a huge amount of weight. weight is a huge factor in choosing axles. a d44 front would hold up fine...
  12. 86ford

Helga, My 88 B2 Build...

a washer. only reason i know the application of the crush sleeve eliminator is that its one of the biggest weaknesses in toyota axles. the crush sleeve goes in the pinion assembly ( i dont know were i have never set up gears). they are known for causing to much slop in the R&P causing...
  13. 86ford

B2 Inspiration (Who inspires you?)

i cant say anyone in particular has inspired me. my real goal is to have the lowest center of gravity possible and the biggest tires possible. i am currently running 33s on 2-3 inches of lift. i am VERY happy with its climbing abilities and see new ideas every day from other TRS members and if...
  14. 86ford

driveshaft

for those of you that have swapped in a 8.8 (or run the stock 7.5) the rough measurements of a exploder shaft are 16inchs weld to weld from the rear yoke on the shaft to the weld before the slip joint. just figured i would put that out there if anyone is backyard fabricating one or wants a...
  15. 86ford

coil springs PPI static height questions

ok so i have the shitty rancho lift but i am doing everything i can to make it stronger because i got it BRAND new out of a local 4wd shops clearance stuff for 250 bucks complete. the static ride height on my b2 with my 2.5 inch drop brackets should be close to 10 or 11 inches. what i am looking...
  16. 86ford

rancho KIT on a B2 (junkie)

OK so i scored an old rancho kit with extended radius arms, 3 inch? lift coils and all the brackets and was going to put it on the b2 when i swapped in the d35. WHY should i not use this kit? mind you this kit is brand new and has never been on a vehicle. 86
  17. 86ford

'86 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Restore.........

i was able to clear 31 11.5 15 TSL's with only a 1 inch spacer up front and a 2 inch block out back just so you know. i only rub at FULL stuff in the rear(hammered in the lip on the rear wells and it fixed that) and dident rub at all up front. my rims came with the tires but i assume they are...
  18. 86ford

intake

not so much, recovering drunken friends from local parks because they decided it would be a good idea to do some turfing in a fullsize van right after a rain storm. in the process of redlining the b2 on many occassions i blew what i believe to be the lower intake gasket but more investigation is...
  19. 86ford

intake

i do lots of silly redneck things to make my rigs more usefull and am not ashamed of how trashy it looks. its a toy! i mean really, i plan of finding the most ugly bright paint i can soon and giving the b2 a rattle can paint job so its easy to find and hard to miss in the dark. ya know how i...
  20. 86ford

intake

whatever in the heck i feel the need to attatch to my hood, roof, or interior. i have 6 or 8 of them. the other ones are going inside to hold down tool boxes and such. bungie cords and other anchoring devises attatch to them well. 86