•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. B

main power wire for interior,exterior,turn lamps,ignition shorts out

started out i was driving to work, suddenly the car shuts off and smokes come out of the hood. the black with orange stripe wire fusible link had fried and caught fire. so i began to unravel the loom and traced to the fuse panel and the headlight switch. i figured it shorted because it got a...
  2. B

86 b2 rebuilt 2.9 eating oil

not sure why but i just had all my leaks fixed and the motor cleaned so if it did leak oil again we would see it. it was rebuilt last year. and now the oil light flickers at idle speed but doesnt when i accelerate. im mostly concerned with the amount of oil being added every week. at least...
  3. B

going to the transmission shop

is there anything i should know. something to tell them, something they should look for. kinda nervous about spending 1400 smackers. but i want a good trans.
  4. B

need help fast guys, please help

i need to know the computer voiltage to the knock sensor wires. im getting 2.5 volts. is that good or bad.
  5. B

codes not erasing after fixing

im getting the code 21. iirc its ect out of range. i replaced both sensors and reset the computer with a genesis scanner. wait a few days and the codes returns with other codes following it. 21, 25, 33, 74, 77 my fault, and none erase. 77 was my fault so its not an issue i just thought id...
  6. B

EGR question

would it be a good idea to let it sit in a cleaner to soften up the hard carbon build up on it. it is stuck closed. so that is why im asking. ill buy a new one if i have to spend the money. just looking for another way around spending if i dont have to
  7. B

bad gas mileage.

trying to figure it out. rebuilt 6000+ miles ago. new fuel pumps and filter. no codes that i know of. i believe the fuel pressure reg has been replaced. its the shinniest part on it. plus no fuel smell or strong taste. i dont believe the injectors are sticking o2 sensor has been replaced...
  8. B

random spudder and dies restarts after a few mins

86 b2 2.9 auto either going up hill on a long drive through the mountains or four wheeling through some mountain trails. many new parts. fuel pumps and filter. new reman distributor and ecm. rebuilt 6000 miles ago. havnt replaced any sensors cept oil pressure sending switch. some oth er...
  9. B

oil pressure sensor?????

hey guys, i got a question about my oil pressure sensor. the other day the light my blinking, i know they stay solid when a problem is present. it only does this blinking thing when at idle, as soon as i hit the gas it stops. i have it unhooked and the light isnt on. now should the light be...
  10. B

89 Bronco II Issues HELLLP !

is your coil firing? if not might want to check your grounds. since you replaced you dis. is it the one that has the module on it. check all fuses. and check relays.
  11. B

purpose of small wire on negative cable

hahaha i knew that i was just seein if you knew.:D
  12. B

i noticed my third negative was sottered. the one that connects to the computer. crappy sotter if you ask me. i plan to re-do all the grounds.
  13. B

i have three grounds on my 86 b2. like the manual says. one to the frame one to the block and one to the connector.
  14. B

what's going on wiith this thing?!!!!?

well from what ive read the swap is pretty easy. ive read you can use the stock 2.9 computer too, and that it will bolt up to the stock 2.9 trans. theres some info in the library about it.
  15. B

concerned issue with my 85 Bronco ll.

pete is right. we cant help if you dont get ur butt under there. take pics make vids. and we'll go from there.
  16. B

Fuel pump

lmao lucky them. lol. but ill remember that one.
  17. B

Fuel pump

thats strange. but you should have two pumps.
  18. B

Fuel pump

shadow which pump did you change. there are two. rear is only 6psi and the front is like 99psi from what ive heard and read. or it can get as high. idk.
  19. B

what's going on wiith this thing?!!!!?

i dont know if the manual trans have it but theres an orange wire that is bolted to wear you would bolt the trans dipstick tube. be sure you did that.
  20. B

just few questions.

thanks for the info ron and wildbill. ive got the timing adjusted and it seems to have better pick up at highway speeds. lol but ill look into finding a electric fan.