•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. A

4.0L Engine Swap - Fuel line Spring Lock Coupling Issue

Push the female end onto the line first before trying to pull them apart. Push together with the tool in place >< Then pull apart <>
  2. A

91 explorer vibration

Happens right at 65 and over. Very annoying. Just swapped tires so I know it's not the tires. Redid the rear driveshaft ujoints in December. Wheelbearings, balljoints and all steering is tight. Happens in 4th gear and 5th gear. Vibration doesn't change when clutch is pushed in. Caster is...
  3. A

transmission crossmember swap

I ran the early style crossmember on my 86 and had no issues. Cleared the cats just fine.
  4. A

4.0 clean fuel line hook up

The stock explorer fuel filter will snap right onto the factory BII plastic line. Same style line, just different type of release. I made a very short adapter line on my 86 BII. Pretty much hub/hub with the two straight factory plastic barbed ends. Go easy with a razor knife and you can...
  5. A

4.0 clean fuel line hook up

I took all the lines from the 4.0 back to the filter. I moved the factory bronco II filter back in the frame, this allowed me to install the fuel lines to the engine crossmember on the driver side frame rails just like the 4.0 lines were factory. I had to make some short lines with fuel...
  6. A

rear bucket seats

Yes it will work, I have seen this from the factory. Rear seats even had power lumbar.
  7. A

Tired of the round lights!

I won't see him probably at all this year. The closest I will be to you would be Vancouver on the 1st of may. But I have no idea where I'll be staying yet.
  8. A

You can't ship flat rate postal? I did to you.
  9. A

Joel, are the headlights centered in the openings? It's hard to tell %100 from the pics. Mine ARE and I need some trim pieces. How did you attach them? I was contemplating making some from fiberglass or aluminum.
  10. A

is it safe to take these things out?

I don't think the 88's had EGR anyways. I thought it was an 86-87 only thing.
  11. A

Fender Flares

Depending on how wide you want, some Limiteds and XLT's came with flares from the factory.
  12. A

Possibly a new project??????

Man, that thing looks a little rough. Hopefully it was close to free.
  13. A

Toyota Springs

What do you mean by offset?
  14. A

Toyota Springs

Last I checked rear RBV springs are 56"s long. Not much of an upgrade to go with 53'' spring.
  15. A

My BII 4.0 swap

Then you don't have something hooked up right elsewhere. Those two wires need to be hooked into the pink/black wire in the explorer harness. Are you getting key on power to the two red/ltblue wires? I wouldn't even bother worrying about what is or isn't working right now. Get EVERYTHING...
  16. A

My BII 4.0 swap

That 3 wire harness you don't need. Leave it alone. You need to get the plug that is up underneath the brake booster. It is down towards the brake lines more. There is an orange/black wire and a pink/black wire in that plug, splice together and tie into the pink/black wire in the explorer...
  17. A

what do you guys think of this explorer??

Be careful getting into someone elses project. Just remember that more than likely you will end up dumping a decent amount of money into it to get it running/driving properly. One of the reasons I don't buy others projects.
  18. A

starter trouble

check the connections at the battery. Could be loose.
  19. A

cruise control issues

My cruise control doesn't work. How do I diagnose? Obviously I can't leave the hood up and hang out the window going down the road. Should I replace the vacuum canister deal? It's a manual transmission truck, how do I test the VSS?
  20. A

i think i bit off more then i could chew...

I have 32x11.5 BFG AT's on my 91 2 door and they just barely rub. 31x10.5's wouldn't rub at all. Don't know about the newer body style though, aren't the stock tires near that size?