•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. rangerbum

Camber bushing confusion, looking for clarity.

I finally finished my D35/8.8 swap from an explorer into my BII. The explorer was all original and saggy, the BII lifted around 4". I took it to a locally owned shop this morning(guy supposedly with a lot of Ttb experience) to get an alignment. He took a look and said I need drop brackets...
  2. rangerbum

spring perch locating 8.8 swap

Hello guys, I'm finally sorted and about ready to get my axles put in. A little backstory; I'm putting '92 explorer axles into my '85 BII. Front axle is a piece of cake. I'm not worried about the rear either, but I have been trying to calculate my spring perch locations before I get started...
  3. rangerbum

Improving departure angle

My 85 BII is going under the knife soon(d35 and 31 spline 8.8, then eventually rebuilt ohv 4.0 and rebuilt a4ld) and I'm wanting to address another issue thats been bugging me before i hit the trails again. Even with about 4" of lift I find myself slamming down on my fuel tank skid plate...
  4. rangerbum

My new BII

Well, I'm finally back in a 4x4 after way too long! I picked it up on Tuesday for $1500(guy wanted 2900), its a 85 2.8l 5spd only 128k miles with either3 or 4 inches of suspension lift. Its got stock 3.45 axles(for now), 31x10.50 wild country txr tires on B series wheels, twin sticks, blue...