•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. M

87 PCM in 85 Bronco?

Yeah its an 85, checked vin several times, and yes it has the mechanical fuel pump on the block, I'm seriously confused here.
  2. M

87 PCM in 85 Bronco?

yes it's an 87 ecm
  3. M

87 PCM in 85 Bronco?

Also, my Bronco is an 85, manual 5 speed with a 2.8l v6
  4. M

87 PCM in 85 Bronco?

So I've been getting some hard fail codes of 83 and 87, one of those (can't remember which) is to the fuel pump circuit. Just found that's only on EFI models, I have a feedback carb. So I looked at the PCM and it turns out to be a reman 87 and it's labeled for a feedback carb?????? Now the other...
  5. M

carb backfiring

I had a similar problem with my B2, changed the accelerator pump on the carb and it was fine afterwards.
  6. M

85 B2 won't start after warming up

Update, for anyone else having similar problems, mine was the Engine Temp Sender (not sensor) that was giving funky voltage readings causing it to not start after warming up, starts fine with a new, non defective sender.
  7. M

85 B2 won't start after warming up

So the other I broke the temperature sending unit boot off of the screw. After that my truck started running pretty rough so I figurred out it was that boot, cut the boot off and went ahead and put a new sender in it and just rigged an electrical eye loop onto the screw and put a nut over it. So...
  8. M

85 B2 low acceleration

okay so upon further testing of my tps, when at idle at 1v and I slowly increase throttle, it jumps from say 1.15v to like .6 or .7v. Is this a new tps?
  9. M

85 B2 low acceleration

Cat is also new, bought it 2 weeks ago, other one had holes in it
  10. M

85 B2 low acceleration

alright cool, I kno if I have the idle screw where it was (1.25v) it was enough to where I could take off from a dead stop without having to give it alot of gas, so I'm thinking i might try unhooking the knock sensor as soon as my mother gets here to jump start me (don't leave your key on all...
  11. M

85 B2 low acceleration

Sorry forgot to mention, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, fuel pump, accelerator pump, map all new.
  12. M

85 B2 low acceleration

So I have poor acceleration, emissions facility wouldn't even test it because it couldn't get from 28-48 mph in thier time test. So here I am, testing sensors and doing my research. So upon looking around I found similar symptoms for bad tps sensor or knock sensor, I just test my tps sensor and...
  13. M

1985 B2 Low Acceleration code 83 and 87

Alright after a couple days of tweaking, breaking, smashing, and crying, I figured out why it is backfiring. My accelerator pump had lost it's flexibility and wasn't supplying enough fuel. I replaced the accelerator pump and the backfiring went away. Runs and drives great now.
  14. M

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a shot
  15. M

yeah i was testing the hose, both at idle and higher rpm, stayed at a low suction the whole time. Will this be the position sensor on top of the valve or the control solenoid that the vacuum comes from? If it's the control solenoid, where would I get one? Can't find one on auto parts websites...
  16. M

yeah i was testing the hose, both at idle and higher rpm, stayed at a low suction the whole time. Will this be the position sensor on top of the valve or the control solenoid that the vacuum comes from? If it's the control solenoid, where would I get one? Can't find one on auto parts websites...
  17. M

So I checked my EGR vacuum today while it was running and it barely gives any suction at all? I put my finger over it and it couldn't suction my finger onto it, it was about 20% of the suction that the vacuum line that goes to the vacuum motor.
  18. M

yes I tested the valve, it does open when under vacuum, it did seem kind of rough though. How smooth is it supposed to open?
  19. M

ok so i pull off the egr valve and the pressure sensor and cleaned out the valve because it had a shit load of carbon deposit. Sprayed around the valve with carb cleaner along with the push rod inside. Since I had some carb cleaner left I went ahead and cleaned out the pcv, pumping it as i was...
  20. M

Alright I'll try that and report back, thanks a bunch.