•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Schnot

2.9 has gas in oil

My uncle just acquired an 88(I think) bronco II. It starts and runs but it's getting a substantial amount of gas in the oil pan. Any ideas what could cause that? The first thing I would think would be rings and low compression but it doesn't smoke hardly at all. Sent from my iPhone.
  2. Schnot

Head Lights

A slightly foggy night is the best way that I found. The Haynes manual says to park in front of a wall and adjust it within specs. They give you the measurement in the book. Sent from my iPhone.
  3. Schnot

93 m5od to 88 B2 clutch line?

You have to have the year clutch line for your truck/slave cylinder. I just did the swap on my 89 ranger. I got the trans from a 93 ranger so I got a Slave and master cylinder assembly or that 93. They're different than the one used for the 89. The holes don't line up right on the fire wall...
  4. Schnot

auto to 5 spd gasket question

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/May06/40_clutch_swap.shtml Sent from my iPhone.
  5. Schnot

auto to 5 spd gasket question

According to the tech section you can modify it. And I believe you'll only need to worry about that if you're putting a 4.0 clutch on a 2.9. Sent from my iPhone.
  6. Schnot

Murphy, the one ton B2 build

Looks good. It's fun to watch the master at work. Sent from my iPhone.
  7. Schnot

After 28 years, new shocks

I had we'll over 200k on a little toyota pickup that I had. I was going through it doing all the usual tune up stuff and discovered the rear shocks to be what I think was original. The covers were rusted through and there was almost no resistance when you compressed the shock by hand. Put new...
  8. Schnot

Headliner replacement with pics

Pretty cool. Where'd you find the material? None of the local shops around here only have lousy looking camo. Also what do you use for adhesive? I've heard a lot of different opinions about what works best. Sent from my iPhone.
  9. Schnot

dual T-case in a B II

A cooler full of beer. Sent from my iPhone.
  10. Schnot

Extending rear brake line and diff breather?

Good plan for the breather. Just get it as high as you can. For the brake line I have the skyjacker brake lines so I can't help you much other than recommend them to you. Sent from my iPhone.
  11. Schnot

Bronco II in the news!

Pretty sad. Kind of a weird story though. I'm curious to know what happened. Especially since "no foul play" is supposedly evident. Sent from my iPhone.
  12. Schnot

Finally got a winch for the B2!

The harbor freight winches are slow but they are actually pretty good quality. I haul trailers for a living and I use it every day to winch trailers onto my 53' wedge trailer. About a year and a half of trouble free use. For the price you can't beat it. Sent from my iPhone.
  13. Schnot

Where have yall mounted CB radios in yalls B2's?

Not attached to anything. It just sits on top of the headliner. When you attach the bracket to the wood, it essentially sandwiches the headliner between the two. The plywood spreads out the load and works very well. Sent from my iPhone.
  14. Schnot

Where have yall mounted CB radios in yalls B2's?

Put a piece of plywood about the size of a clipboard between the headliner and roof and attach the bracket to that. I've done that in two trucks and its worked great. Sent from my iPhone.