•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Y

gas lines question?

I repaired a fuel line quick disconnect on the B2. The one that broke is the line that makes a 90 degree bend when it exits the tank. the other is slightly curved but mostly straight. my question is I turned the key on to let the fuel pump run to check for leaks and they were good. no I did not...
  2. Y

cut the rear fenders , no more rust.

well I cut out the rear fenders , and I am now in the process of filling in the remaining gap between the fender and fender well. I have some sheet metal Im going to use. I am going to put on some 33s with no lift. I like that look and the benefit of stock alignment is great as well. As soon as...
  3. Y

fuel line snapped !

I decided to drop my fuel tank for saftey reasons to patch some holes in the cargo area. when I lowered my tank about four inches to unhook my fuel lines one snapped off right at the quick disconnect. how do I repair this line ? Also when I got the tank out I noticed two wet spots about the...
  4. Y

And so it begins.

My wife thinks Im nuts. It all started when I saw another bronco II , Picked it up cheap, now Im changing the auto to manual , found some rust , bought a mig to patch some panels. She says couldnt you have bought another vehicle for all that money and work ? Im sure I could but what fun is that...
  5. Y

pedal assembly and compatible years.

I am going to look at a pedal assembly tommorow and need to know if my 89 b2 has to have the pedal assembly from specific year of B2s or any will fit ?
  6. Y

temporary primer for repair areas ?

I am currently fixing some areas inside my B2, I would like to repair them all and then paint . What is a good temporary primer or something that would protect it from rusting until I get them all done ? something I can easily weld through or clean off?
  7. Y

thinking of switching auto to manual.

I found a guy that has a 89 B2 just like mine that has a manual. he said he would sell me the trans ,slave cylinder, master cylinder, pedals , flywheel, clutch. shifter, boot and every part I need to convert mine over for 400 dollars. My auto is acting up and it has to be changed anyways. my...
  8. Y

Floor options ?

I am redoing and patching my floor boards. I have about four spots about the size of a dollar bill to patch up! I like the sound deadening of the carpet , but really like the whole rubber easy to clean thing too. Im wondering if I can have my cake and eat it too, soundproofing of some sort...
  9. Y

glued ?

It looks like the wheel wells have some kind of sealant /adhesive that connects the rear panels to the floor panels. I don't see any welds except at the wheel well. and the support brackets. were these glued from the factory ?
  10. Y

fender trimming

I trimmed my fenders on my previous s-10 and my Bronco II . one with a cutting torch at a pole barn party and a case of beer,:icon_cheers: the other sober and a die grinder and a cut off wheel.:annoyed: the cut off wheel left a much prettier cut but the wheel wells gave me freaking fits! Im...
  11. Y

tailgate rubbing, quarte pans drooping

I have droopage! my rear fender have some rust, and are weak enough to aloow the quarter pans to droop. anyone have any tips for repair? solid is good sealed up and at least stop the carnage !! lol help!
  12. Y

Getting to be rare, hard to abuse .

I have had three other RBV two of them Bronco IIs i wheeled them, cut out the fendrs to fit 33s (no lift) and other unmentionables ! lol. Now that Ive gotten another one, I still want to lift it and mod it but would like to keep it in pretty good shape. Fifteen or twenty years from now it would...
  13. Y

one front wheel farther back?

I noticed that one of my front wheels (passenger side) sits back one inc closer to the fender opening. It is only an inch but very noticeable visually. Ive never noticed it driving. Where to start looking for a reason? Radius arm ? bushing maybe? Is this common in RBVs?
  14. Y

pedal assembly from 2 w ranger on B2

I want to do a a4ld to manual conversion, on my 1989 bronco II, manual shift transfer case 4x4 . If I get the Pedal assembly of the same year ranger will it work on my B2? iwill a 2 wheel drive be the same as a 4? can I also use the master,slave , line etc.? Can I use the same shifter from a 2...
  15. Y

a4ld to manual

I have a 1989 4x4 bronco II , auto, with a manual shift transfer case. I am trying to gather information to convert to manual trans . The weak a4ld trans isnt worth paying 1400 to rebuild. I see that I can convert to a manual trans if I use a fm146 5 spd or a m5od ?. Can I use the pedal system...
  16. Y

fixing bodymounts

I was under the b2 and noticed that a few of the body mounts are bad, some of the body is rusted through as well. The passenger side body location is rusted letting the body sag there. some idiot previously shaved the bottom of the hatch !!:bawling: not alot but still .Cmon man ! I definitely...
  17. Y

Tranny rebuild?

1989 bronco II xlt, all stock. I did two seperate post just to keep on target better.one was for drive shaft , this one for transmission. The transmission is slipping , I can drive in 1,2,3 fine but when it hits OD it free revs if I try to get it to downshift. Im guessing it needs servicing or...
  18. Y

Drive shaft info needed.

1989, 2.9 4x4 xlt bronco II . all stock that I know of. I figured out through guidance from here that I need to repair or replace my drive shaft. the cv looking joint is broke right at the rear end. Any info would be great , threads etc. I don't know what they call the style that I have. I am...
  19. Y

Got a Bronco again after 15 years! but need help please.

Ok I found a 1989 Bronco II on craigslist. guy wanted 1000 for it, I thought it looked really good so I called. Guy said it was his girlfriends and she had bought it from a guy not too long ago and it ran great. I made plans to drive the 125 miles to look at it. The guy contacted me and said the...