•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. R

Overheat like I’ve never seen..

That makes a lot of sense now that you mention about water going too fast. And yes XTC did mention the heads cracking (biggest fear) but after the over heat It fired back up immediately and sounded like It was solid still. The bronco did not turn off on its own at least. When i bought this...
  2. R

Dana 28 to 35 swap - what do i need to get?

I found someone parting out a 99 ranger xlt 4x4 - i believe that should have the Dana 35 front, but no 8.8in rear. They said i could get It for 275, what else would i need with the donor car, to get that into my bronco ii My bronco is a 85 2.8l v6 - feedback carb, 3in body lift, 3in...
  3. R

85 bronco ii - first look - opinions on wires?

10-4, will grab one from the store. Why would It be melted the way it is? Would It be from heat it’s creating or from potentially being on a hot engine ?
  4. R

Sorry for the delayed response, been a few days, i opened up the thermostat housing to find no thermostat. At this point I’m assuming water pump, or fan clutch. I appreciate the input guys. I have a new water pump in hand but weather has put me off for awhile. I’ll replace that and see where i...
  5. R

Should this resistor be replaced or is It something i don’t need.
  6. R

So you’d suspect that changing the water pump should be the fix to this? I’ll replace the thermostat while I’m at It either way.
  7. R

1985 bronco ii 2.8L v6 - Odo: *58000 could be 158, surely not 258. Carfax showed no mileages at all, so who knows. Bought the bronco about 2 weeks ago and drove It back to my place which was about 40 miles. Reached 65 eventually, and topped out about there. Didn’t overheat, didn’t stall, ran...
  8. R

Thanks for the response, i appreciate all the input. I cut out the resistor, probably shouldn’t have. I assumed It was an in line fuse, and should have checked voltage before cutting. I’m sure i can splice It in. At this point I’m ok with fixing the wiring, i kind of enjoy that part (strangely)...
  9. R

Here are the images. Inline fuse that’s melted, coffee can looking seal, and long ass wiring that was tucked in near the passenger mirror in engine compartment.
  10. R

Got myself an 85 bronco ii Saw It in person for the first time a week ago, tested the 4x4 checked for rust and all that. Fired right up, i was sold. I drove It 40 miles or so home with no issues, got up to 65 no problem. The Bronco - 2.8L v6 - with factory feedback carb *58,000 - assuming...