•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. PartyPony

alternator Bronco II

Hey @freddie2. Plain and simple, you need an alternator with enough amps to power all the electronics your car runs. Going too high isn't an issue. Going too low, though, will be. In my '84 Bronco II, the recommended alternator from Autozone/NAPA/etc. is often 60amps. I just bought and...
  2. PartyPony

1.1amp draw on battery while off, not fused, any recommendations where to check next?

Update: I replaced the alternator yesterday and the current flowing when off dropped from 1.18 to .45 amps. Pretty good improvement! I know .45 likely isn't as low as it ought to be, but it seems like it will be within tolerance for a daily driver. I may continue digging for smaller drains after...
  3. PartyPony

1.1amp draw on battery while off, not fused, any recommendations where to check next?

Ahh gotcha, that one's new to me. Well today I'm going to spend some more time testing with my DMM, maybe replace a few other sections of bad wiring, and see if I can come up with something more to go off. Side note: after reading about your experience with LED headlights a while back, I bought...
  4. PartyPony

Thanks for the response, @JerryC. In the meantime, I tested my unfused radio theory pretty easily by pulling the fuse and seeing if it turned on still – it didn't. So that doesn't hold any water. You seem sure about it being the alternator. Would you mind sharing some of the thought process...
  5. PartyPony

Hey all, Greetings from San Diego! I've owned an '84 Bronco II 2.8L for about a year now and it's been a reasonably well-behaved daily driver and surf/camp truck. About a month ago, a few issues began: 1st: The fuel pump was leaking fuel. I replaced it and have had no issues since. 2nd...
  6. PartyPony

Cheap LED headlights

Thanks Jerry, I'll order some soon. Stay safe 🙏
  7. PartyPony

Cheap LED headlights

@JerryC how has it been driving with these headlights since your swap? Do they require any harness upgrades? Do you feel like you're blinding people ahead of you, or do they hold up? My 84 has the stock bulbs, which are perfect for lounging in front of at sunset, but not so great for driving at...