•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. B

87 Bronco II upgrade order of events...

Thanks JerryC. I like the wheels too. Not sure if I can keep them if I go up in tire size. Only 29's on there now. I've had the BII for over 10 years now. Exterior and interior were in great shape from the beginning. I rebuilt the engine back in the day cause it was a leaky mess when I got it...
  2. B

Completely stock at the moment....
  3. B

Hey Sean, thanks for the two cents, although I think that info was worth more. I also have the D28/7.5 right now and only plan on going up to 32" tires max. I don't really want to cut fenders and a new suspension should help with that. I was definitely planning on changing out all the bushings...
  4. B

Ultimate goal is to make it an overlanding vehicle for some off road camping adventures. That certainly won't be every weekend but that's what I want it to be prepared for. It is not a daily driver, unless my daily driver is out of commission.
  5. B

Hi all, planning on doing some more work on my 87 BII in 2021. The suspension in my BII is old, maybe even original, so I figure a suspension lift gets me a lift for bigger tires and a better ride compared to what it is now. Also looking at the common Explorer Dana 35 and 8.8 axle swap...
  6. B

8.8 Junk Yard Finds

Took a trip to the junk yard the other day after doing my research on axle swaps. My 87 Eddie Bauer BII has a 7.5 now with 4.10 gears so I went looking for Explorers with the same ratios. Lots of Explorers but only two had 4.10 gears. Most had already been stripped of the axles but these two...
  7. B

Just a Bronco II , was a 2 year off frame restore, no major lift

Insane amount of work and detail. Looks amazing! Kudos
  8. B

@dave84b2 Thanks for the blast to the past photos...I think it's interesting to see the changes. I bought my Eddie Bauer bii maybe 10 years ago and the body was in really good shape. I rebuilt the motor because it was a mess but that's all I've done to it in that time. Now it's on my brain...
  9. B

Thanks @dave84b2 for the details. Do you have a photo of the b2 you can post before you did the new paint and raptor? Just curious....
  10. B

Great, now my brains going wild with ideas for raptor. In his photos though, the panel guards have thickness which makes me think he attached something. I haven't seen that on a BII before.
  11. B

who has already rebuilt an a4ld ?

I had mine rebuilt by a local shop several years ago after it started delaying shifting and sometimes not shifting at all. Put me back about $2k but it's been working perfectly ever since. I didn't even want to begin to mess with rebuilding it myself.
  12. B

So clean! Great work and I'm officially jealous. I love the panel guards on the fenders and lower panels. Can you tell me how you did that?