•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. D

1984 Bronco II flywheel

Thanks for the info. One of these days I'll have to actually do something instead of thinking about it.
  2. D

B2 won't crank with key but will on solenoid

1980's ford ignition switches are notorious for coming apart with varied symptoms. The '80's headlight switch (which contains the circuit breaker) is also a known weakness. Causes the breaker to trip with the high beams, and as time passes, with just low beams. Has happened to my F150...
  3. D

What went wrong?

Looks pretty dry.
  4. D

1984 Bronco II flywheel

That's interesting. Did you cut a section out of the shaft, or did you cut off the end of the shaft with the yoke and weld a new yoke onto the shortened shaft? How did you keep the driveshaft straight while welding? What rod and amperage, or tig? I don't suppose the piece removed could be...
  5. D

1984 Bronco II flywheel

Thanks again, dave. The OD swap doesn't make sense on paper, maybe, but living where I do, it's 20 miles to the grocery store, pharmacy, etc. The only road is a 2-lane "secondary" highway where the traffic runs at 70+. I hate to be a roadblock for my friends and neighbors.
  6. D

1984 Bronco II flywheel

dave, thanks for the reply. A Toyo Kogyo 4 spd is in it now. I found some pix on car-part.com which show the bearing in later years' flywheel. What pilot bearing did you use, the 1984 version? I have a 5 spd from a 1989 (Mitsu FM146), but would need different driveshafts. That may have to...
  7. D

1984 Bronco II flywheel

Gathering parts to replace the clutch on an early (09/83) Bronco II with 183k on it, and everywhere I look the flywheel listings only go back to 1985. I live out in the boonies and would like to have all parts on hand before starting the job. Thanks.