•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. M

86 Bronco II Quitting on Me!

Ok fellas I am about to quit on this Bronco…but before I do could anyone have the time or patience to send pics of where their ground wires are located? I have either a rear fuel pump problem ( being fuel pressure is slowly dropping after the motor warms up ) or a ground issue. TFI is getting...
  2. M

Could be a bad pump, however the issue I am having was present before I replaced both pumps…is still possible but thinking something else is happening somewhere that is causing loss of pressure or voltage when it gets warm.
  3. M

I Like this!…I mean fuel pump/pumps are working on start up (can hear the spinning at least and will run for 20 minutes until everything gets warm…pressure gradually falls from 30psi to less than 5 psi. In the last 4 minutes of run time till it quits…will not start again till it cools off (10...
  4. M

Well…After about 20 minutes of running with the fuel pressure gauge hooked up, Bronco 2 fuel pressure slowly begins to drop ( about four minutes) time to take it down to under 5 psi. And it quits. During this time (20 minutes) heat sink that is attached to the TFI (which I added and relocated to...
  5. M

No sir, 11 hr. Shifts till Monday. I have Monday off …I hope
  6. M

Yes that’s exactly what mine does- I drove mine 90 miles one way and back with no problem. Once I get in stop and go traffic, it dies.
  7. M

Yes that is what’s troubling because I’m not losing those necessarily, it sputters and slowly stalls out making it difficult to get a reading on anything. Going to hopefully get a day this weekend or this week to see if I can ascertain all that. After it quits I can wait 1 minute or less , hit...
  8. M

Still need to check that resistor that is wired in that series pictured
  9. M

Fuel pressure, voltage, checked 3 times for vacuum leaks.
  10. M

Yes expensive…and all I want to do is get it running right so I can sell it. Embarrassing how much $ I have in this thing but it was a project to keep my mind focused on something at the time. Now I just want to recoup some of my $ without giving it away. Only things I have not replaced...
  11. M

Yes exactly!…and I did try a new coil to no avail.
  12. M

Possibly….but I feel something is wrong with this wiring…the heat sink/TFI get ridiculously hot , like can’t keep your fingers on it for more than a second hot!
  13. M

No I have not
  14. M

Nope , needle just passes the bottom of the O and that’s when I know she is about to go. Usually takes about 15-20 minutes to reach it at idle in the driveway or around the neighborhood stopping at stop signs so forth
  15. M

Or I should say once it reaches the O that’s when it begins to die.
  16. M

Gets right up to the O (of normal)
  17. M

It begins to buck and stammer like it is starving of fuel or air.
  18. M

I’ve replaced my emissions components and even cut out my cat.