•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. FIngerstyler

86 Bronco II Quitting on Me!

I'm still thinking of this everyday, another mechanic has mine for 3 weeks now. I'm supposed to hear from him Monday. I know all my grounds especially those 3 have been inspected and cleaned and i still have this same exact problem as Mhollis1 on my 86 B2. In talking with a friend that is an...
  2. FIngerstyler

Thanks for your reply Uncle Gump! My 86 always just had 1 filter in that reservoir. Another mechanic said buy the carb with intake mani kit! But next month i hope to run a hot wire from relay to lift pump, i'll run it out the side of hood and tape it to the outside if i have to just for...
  3. FIngerstyler

I have posted to this thread earlier because i am having probably the same issue as Mhollis1. I also am still searching for the fix. As a recap what a mechanic replaced for me: Distributor, wires, plugs, condensor, 2 TPS's, MAP sensor, o2 sensor, temp intake sensor, coolant temp sensor...
  4. FIngerstyler

Mhollis1 - that sounds a lot like my problem still.....actually it may be exactly min when i read it again..."After it quits i can wait 1 minute or less, hit the ignition and it will slowly dia again. Only after it cools -30 minutes in my case it will start and run, i don't know how long...
  5. FIngerstyler

Uncle Grump - that's what i keep thinking....i think i told the mechanic that but i don't think they listen. I'm thinking on try to make it run bad again then place some ice on the TFI ICM whatever and see if that cures it. I could buy another ICM but i replaced 1 and still got the same...
  6. FIngerstyler

They finally figured the issue of the HP fuel pump on rail staying on...somewhere down the line a mechanic had cut one of the fuel pump relay wires and grounded it right there about 8 inches away from the relay! That explains the ECM's that burn up as soon as they get plugged in, but no...
  7. FIngerstyler

Well today after i installed a new 'rod assembly" in the automatic stick shift (maybe the last rod assembly on earth that is correct part) and a new T-shift handle, i unplugged the ECM and turned key to ON not running and the rail pump came on, so that i would think is not and ECM problem but...
  8. FIngerstyler

Yeah i would think your TFI would really not be that hot now condisidering how hot it must get on the distributor position. We did not move the ICM/TFI like all those articles suggest, but the first time we replaced it, would not start. So went and got another one. Now i am going to ask they...
  9. FIngerstyler

Mhollis1 - that problem started on my 1986 EB 4wd automatic 2.9er in March of 2020. I did the same things you did, new distributor, new TCM on distributor, new wires, new coil, all new relays, new relay connectors, new battery, new alternator, new cables all the way, check out the roll over...