•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. adrian p

bronco II lighting

found a burnt wire connector and fixed that so now the alternator is working but the wire is getting super hot(thus the burnt connector) so im gonna follow the wire back to the starter relay and try to figure out why im getting such high resistance to get the wire that hot. not sure if the...
  2. adrian p

bronco II lighting

thanks very much
  3. adrian p

bronco II lighting

its an 87 with a 97 explorer 4.0. i will ring out the wires tonight and see what the situation is.i believe the regulator is built into the alternator since its a newer style for the 97
  4. adrian p

bronco II lighting

just under 12 before starting. with engine running it drops down to 11
  5. adrian p

bronco II lighting

afternoon gents. my alternator was tested by pepboys and autozone both said it was good but i only have battery volts at the battery.any help would be appreciated
  6. adrian p

bronco II lighting

thanks for the reply.no battery light on. Havent checked battery voltage while running but never had a an issue with starting so never really checked. Ill look into that rectifier bridge diode. Also the dash lights are dim, the dimmer works but it never its too bright.
  7. adrian p

bronco II lighting

The bronco seems to have all the lights running off the alternator only.The headlights are led from the previous owner and work fine.its like driving a two stroke at night. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
  8. adrian p

emiss light

thanks.after she parked it the light never came back on.so we'll see what happens.
  9. adrian p

transmission crossmember bushings

If anyone lets me know ill be sure to pass it on
  10. adrian p

transmission crossmember bushings

Hey everyone im having a real hard time trying to find the tranny crossmember bushings that mount to the frame rails. I can find the center one all day. Are those bushings part of the crossmember or can they be replaced? i got alot of extra parts when we got it a few weeks ago but the mounts we...
  11. adrian p

stab bar bushings

will shoot some later and post them.was able to find them on rock auto by putting in the bracket p.n. and the brackets and the bushings popped up
  12. adrian p

stab bar bushings

Ordered new Ford stab bar brackets p.n. E6TZ-5486-B. but all the bushings i can find say they are for my year and model but they are all about 1/2 in. too short. Any help would be appreciated.if i need to return these and someone can give me different p.n. bracket that is more universal for...
  13. adrian p

Finally replaced the 33 year old 02 sensor.

i am wondering if i have an o2 sensor or map sensor going bad. My daughters new 1986 b2 just started having a flashing emiss light but she stated it runs and sounds fine. Any help would be aprreciated. It has the 4.0 and a magnaflow exhaust.
  14. adrian p

emiss light

My daughter just got an 86 bronco II with a 97 explorer 4.0 engine. she stated that her emiss light is blinking but the engines running fine and no other issues.Anyone have any checks i should look at first? and maybe some pinouts for voltage and/or resistance i should check. Thanks