•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. T

Venting about defective radiator cap

Ok Campers. About a couple of years ago the Bronco II I drive needed a replacement radiator. So I replaced the radiator and cap at the same time..along with hoses etc... Now I'm not trashing any brands or such, as every parts maker will have a dud slip past. But I've been chasing down coolant...
  2. T

Can't afford a lift--But new front springs?

Ok Campers. Money got wrapped up fixing the wife's car. (it blew the radiator when we started to work on the exhaust...just old age and high miles.) My front tires are pretty well toasted due to the camber being really off. Anyone looking at my truck in the pics? Can see the top of the...
  3. T

With all the crap from china....what would you purchase?

I'm getting the items together for the tune up on the ol' girl. Now I picked up the Accel cap and rotor. And of course--it's made in China. I was really hopeful to get something with good quality and on par with Motor Craft. (Motor Craft would have been my first choice, but $$ is tight and...
  4. T

Unknown relays under dash and missing trim pieces.

Well, as the title states... I've got 3 relays that look more like they where cobbled into place and then black taped to look like they belong there. One relay is by itself, and the other two relays are stuck together with tape. I've got one relay that looks to be in a factory...
  5. T

Photos of our Bronco II. (aka: Babs)

Sorry about the salt and sand. But here it is: And one of the snowbank I put the nose into. Made a nice "POOF" sound <G> Hope it works...and one look at the tires/wheels? You'll know why I'm after a small 'lift'. I also blocked out the plate numbers. Very interesting...
  6. T

Two Questions. A Tach question and a Lift question

Just to get some feedback on a couple of things. Heading down the highway....65mph. Transmission in overdrive and TCC engaged. When cold (aka...first thing in the morning...or our great winter months). The tach will hang at about 2950 rpm. Now if it's warm out---or I stop the truck and...
  7. T

Oddball--but is it normal??

One to chew over on this Christmas Morning. My 89' BII has always had a 'burp' when using cruse control. Sometimes worse then others. Here's the details. Now my understanding is that when the cruse is disconnected via the brake pedal? The computer flags the transmission to disengage the TCC...
  8. T

A4LD takes a crap

Well, as the title states. Driving around today and noticed each time I had to back up? It took just a touch longer for it to engage. Got to my base store, and tried reverse (figure close to home if it crapped). Took about 20 seconds, found reverse...and it went in reverse, all the while I could...
  9. T

A4LD Question

Basics: 1989 Bronco II 2.9 V6 RWD Dummy Transfer Case. Trying to get the quarks out of the ol' girl. It's on the road and doing fair so far. (except for stalling out at some stop lights, seems idle related (to low)) Anywho... Here's the deal When stone cold, right out of the box it shifts...
  10. T

Checking here and there for ideas.

Ok, We put plates on our '89 bronco II finally. We went on the 'first trip' out, and it was blowing smoke (blue) for a while. Probably due to the fact I soaked the cylinder walls with oil while we had the heads off for a couple of weeks. LOL. Anyhoo, just about filled it with 93 octane, let...
  11. T

Need some help with a 89' BII with a 2.9v6

Ok...Getting really flustered here. I'm looking for ideas. Basics: Picked up a decent shape 89 BII with just about zero rust. Main issue I was told? White smoke from tailpipe, might need a tune up. We took care of the white smoke, new heads from world products. We have zero sickening...