•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

Mystery spring in driver's side door latch. (1990 w/power locks)

Pulled the driver's side door latch out to clean off decades of grease/dirt cement. I found a small loose spring inside which I'm guessing I broke when cleaning. I 'think' it connects to the exterior door handle lever inside (close up pic of lever inside) and then hooks to the top coming out...
  2. J

The myth of the 1990 BII 4.0L engine option...

I recently got the factory manuals for my 1990 BII. I was surprised that Ford considered the Aerostar minivan to be on the same platform as the Ranger and BII. It also seems that the 4.0L and 4WD were options for the Aerostar in 1990. Perhaps there was a plan to also offer the 4.0L on the BII...
  3. J

1990 Bronco II Driveway Restoration, video series.

1990 Bronco II Driveway Restoration #0: Taking Stock, making a list and planning the work. I found a nice 1990 Ford Bronco II for sale from the original owner. It had a lot of miles on it but was very well-maintained. It has 313,000 miles on the clock but starts right up, drives fine and...
  4. J

Reconditioning the rear side window trim?

Reconditioning the side rear window trim on my 90 BII. I'm planning a bit ahead in my project thinking of ways to recoat/spruce up the side rear window trim. Mine is solid but showing its age. It seems to be a hard plastic with a lot of plasticizers added to make it somewhat pliable. (Sort of...
  5. J

Bronco II / Ranger clutch bleeding training videos

Stumbled on these videos on YouTube today. They look to be ripped from VHS, the image quality is not superb, but the content is. Lots of tips for getting rid of trapped air in the clutch hydraulic lines. Part 1: Part 2:
  6. J

Looking for a good clutch master cylinder reservoir and brake master cylinder reservoir for a 1990 BII.

Looking for a good clutch master cylinder reservoir and brake master cylinder reservoir for a 1990 BII. Mine has the incorrect one for clutch that is impossible to get to and open. The one for the brake is pretty sad looking too. Only have one 'u pull it' junk yard left around here. Will check...
  7. J

Clutch position. Too close to brake?

When driving by new BII home it seemed like the clutch pedal was uncomfortably close to the brake pedal. I've owned a few Rangers of this era that were manuals and don't remember the pedal feeling so cramped. My 2011 Ranger is an auto so I don't know if the newer Rangers are just as cramped. (I...
  8. J

My first Bronco II, 1990

Picked up my first Bronco II today, a 1990. Purchased from the original owner. It has an incredible 313,000 miles on the clock. He had the engine gone through about 150K due to some sort of head issue. It has a bit of rust in the typical places. Headliner is a bit loose. Runs like a top. Drive...