•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Rowdy Fitzgerald

My 1990 BII Bomber 4 linked with coilovers on all 4 Corners

How did you truss your front end? Got any pics of what you did?
  2. Rowdy Fitzgerald

My 1990 BII Bomber 4 linked with coilovers on all 4 Corners

How does she wheel? Is it as good as you expected? I bet she rides a lot smoother than stock huh?
  3. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Bronco+Ranger= Branger?

Ok so I know people have bobbed bronco ll's and extended ranger cabs to 4doors but has anybody took the back of a extended cab ranger, chopped a bronco ll and put them together to make a extra long extended cab then put a regular 6' bed behind it? I've been looking all morning and haven't had...
  4. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Try this. Get it to what you think is tdc. Pull your tool out, stick a Philips head screw driver in the plug hole until it's resting on the piston. Turn the crank with a breaker bar and get the piston at it's absolute highest point. Be careful not to let the screwdriver bind up and damage the...
  5. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Twister- if you don't mind describe to us how you're setting it on TDC.
  6. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

That is true!
  7. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Double check your firing order and make sure it's set counter clock wise. If that doesn't work the the only thing I can figure it could be is your timing chain is off by a tooth.
  8. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Might try pulling the dist, putting the block on tdc and make sure it's the compression stroke. Put the dist back in with the rotor facing the correct post on the cap. Mine was a pita too. Having it off one tooth will throw the spark off enough that it won't run.
  9. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Is your firing order going the correct direction on the dizzy cap? I did that twice lol. iirc it's supposed to be counter clock wise.
  10. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Hmm idk then.
  11. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Exhaust cross over?
  12. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Yeah my motor settled too. It caused the header to hit the steering. I bought a passenger side mustang mount and I used a 2"x4"x1/4" tube. I notched it to fit the engine crossmember and cut a slot for the motor mount. I trimmed and adjusted till it sat flush to the motor mount then welded it up.
  13. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

I've always used a 3/8 extension to get the pilot bearing out instead of a bolt. I put electrical tape on it until it makes a tight seal then hit it with a hammer.
  14. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Sweet! Get now that sucker put together! I dropped my long block off at a shop too. I'm excited to get it back in a couple weeks!
  15. Rowdy Fitzgerald

how much fender trimming for 31's

Oh ok I doubt you'll have much issue with them then. You might not even need to trim the fenders if you just bend the corners back with some channel locks if you care don't care much about how good it looks. I'm loving it! It has a ton of power even with the wore out block I have now. I started...
  16. Rowdy Fitzgerald

I'm not sure on that. I assume so. How wide are you wanting to go? You might rub the frame or radius arm a lil. It's been a real long time since I've messed with a stock suspension. There's a chart in the forums that will give you a good idea of trimming and clearances.
  17. Rowdy Fitzgerald

I wouldn't think too much. It depends on the offset of your rims but probably just the bottom back of the front fenders and maybe the front a lil.
  18. Rowdy Fitzgerald

Twister 85 B2 Build

Why don't you put the trans on with the engine installed?