•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1988 2.9 won't crank, no lights

TheLastGoodThing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hi everyone new guy here. Girlfriends dad bought an 88 Bronco II, got into a head on collision, and I've taken on the task of getting this old Ford to come alive again. Damage didn't look too bad at first until I came to the frame horn, passenger side was where the impact was. Busted the rad and core support so I cut the whole front end off, ie the fenders and core support, got a parts truck and cut thay front end off with an overlap, cut the free horn and bolted (will be welded just not yet) it together using the existing rivet holes. So what's going on now is I hooked it up to a battery tender, one of the nicest big 15p amp ones, and when I turn the key, nothing. Literally nothing. No dash lights no cranking doesn't even sound like the fuel pump kicks on. Took the starter out and tested it with 12v on my bench, it did not engage. Gonna have it tested for free at the parts store tomorrow, but I'm looking for more ideas as to what it could be, possibly ignition switch or control module? Pretty sure the cylinder on the column is only a locking mechanism I could be wrong but I believe the switch is actually down farther on the column. Anyone got an ideas? All helps appreciated!

shadetreebronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I think there is a switch under the dash that turns off in a accident .

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
^^^ yes. Passenger side about where your left foot is. Look under the carpet. I think there is a reset button.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk