•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1988 Bronco II, Rebuild,Cranks,NO run

Enginemen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Good Afternoon.
I am new most of the time read but I need some assistance please.
I finally got my BII completely back together from a complete engine/Trans removal,rebuild & install. When I first put the power to it an turned the key it would only make a click from the starter solenoid no starter engagement,no crank, nothing. After looking and reading things over I did not have a good ground so after installing a ground from the block to frame & ground from the starter to frame when I turn the key engine will crank but no fire/lift. It seems their is not spark or fire.
Their is fuel up to the main rail as one connection was not tight & I had a small leak, tighten that up no issues.
I am not sure where to go from here but thinking time to invest in a code reader to see what codes are in the system (can anyone tell me what would be a good one to buy?
I really want to get the ole girl back on the road.
Thank you for your time.
v/r,:beer:

Enginemen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
1988 Bronco II,B,C,N run, update

Well I decided to take a chance an buy a simple tester from O'Reilly got it home plugged an it supposedly is talking to the computer but no codes, just all 000. One thing I noticed on the test connection that only 2 out of the three wires line up with the code reader. I tried that with no results so I moved the one wire over so it was connected but still not results.

Can anyone tell me if in the beginning when I did not have a good ground an was trying to find out why the engine would not crank all it would do was click could I have some how Fried the EMC?

I do have fuel to the main rail I checked that by pressing the bleeder valve an I got pressurized fuel squirting out.

Any Help would be appreciated.
v/r,:beer: