•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

2.3 swap into bronco II

roughranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
ok guys i have a 85 bronco 4x4 with a blown 2.8 and a overdrive tranny from an 87 bronco. i also have a rolled 93 ranger 2.3 with a 5speed. i love the 2.3 and it runs like a top. how hard would it be to swap the ranger motor and manual trans in the bronco? it is not a street legal and dont car if it is 2 wheel drive. its a rough truck and dont need 4x4. i know my ranger has the mistubishi tranny if that matters. i am looking specifically for what all i have to have wire wise. jsut pull the entire wiring harness or do i just need a handful of wires. thanks so much for the help guys :headbang:

Insanejughead

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
You'll need a LOT of stuff to swap over. However, it should be easy to swap everything out from one pickup to the next, as the layout of the engine bays are fairly similar.

You'll also need a different driveshaft.

I'm feeling a little brain-dead right now, so I'm not going to really delve into all the things you might need to do and think about.

scotts90ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
it would be easiest to swap the dash and other stuff, look at the guys doing a 4.0 swap and rework it to changing the engine mounts and getting the driveshaft changed...

a '93 2.3 will have a Mazda M5OD tranny, mitzu's were in the mid '80's and not as good as the M5OD