•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

2" body lift for 1990 B2

raylesk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Looking for a 2" body lift for my 90 and found Doetsch Tech at bronco graveyard, performance accessories, and james duff. The PA is about twice the money of the other 2--does anyone have any advice on which kit is best buy? PA is $160, Duff is $80 and Doetsch Tech is $90.
Thanks
Ray

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
i would go with the duff. i personaly have never heard anything bad about them, i myself have the 3" PA on both of my B 2's and ive never had any problems with ether of them.

josephtpeterson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have not bought duffs body lifts but I have bought several other parts from them when I was doing my V8 swap in my last bronco 2 and there quality is good. I am going to be ordering a lift from them in about 2 months and if I needed a body lift that is were I would get it they make quality parts. Although duff dose strongly suggest changing the body mounts too so if you have the money for the PA kit I would just get the duff kit and the body mounts to go with.

hopster

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0, 5.0 can't decide
Putting a body lift on puts extra strain on the body mounts so when you put the lift on get new body mounts. If it was me I would put the mounts on while I had it apart anyways. Also look into upgrading to polyurathane bushings to help deal with some of the forces that will be pushing on the mounts because of the lift.

raylesk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks for the replies. I am going with the duff 2" lift and new mounts from them--total for both is $160.