•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

2in spacers lift=New shocks? and Welding cost?

hunterh2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
hey folks,

Now working on getting the B2 into the air a little bit. Looking at a 3in body lift and a 2 in lift using 2in spacers and add a leaf in the back. Would i need new shocks or will the stock shocks works without messing it up.Thanks

And also how much should it cost to have someone weld on a muffler and a tip for me if i already have them. i was thinking around 20-30 dollars?:icon_welder:

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I would say you'd probably want new shocks. The ones you have may fit, but I doubt they allow much (if any) down travel. Also, to get a 2" lift, you only need about a 1 1/4" due to the design of the TTB. Careful when going that high though, that's about the limit that is alignable with stock brackets.

hunterh2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
do you mean i would only need 1 1/4 spacers? And what brackets are you speaking of that its the max for?

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Something like these would work.
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/factoryspacer.htm

Your front axle has two beams that pivot. Once you lift it more than about 2" you will need to get drop brackets to move the pivots for these beams down. You will notice that after you install the spacers, your tires will be angles something like this >> \ /

You'll need an alignment too.

hunterh2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Okay im tracking now. so is this a bad idea mixed with the 3in body or do you think a 3in body lift is pretty sufficient for a small lift

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
A 3 in body is a decent amount.... the 2 are completely different and have no effect on each other. If you haven't already, search the forum a little bit and spend a few hours reading through the Tech Library. It's there for a reason.

hunterh2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Was asking to see if a 3in body lift would look good by itself but will do. thanks.

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah a 3 in body lift would look fine by itself. Sorry I guess I misunderstood the question.