•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

460 in a bronco II?

fordtrucknut77

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
hey guys, i know big blocks have been put in 2 wd rangers but has anybody tried to do it in a bronco II?
Im starting a new project and for no other reason that I already have it I wanna try to stuff a 460 with a np 435 4speed into a BII

any body have any good reasons it WONT fit? or CANT be done?

Sevensecondsuv

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L,2.3T,4.0L
I can't think of any good reasons not to do it, but you might end up with a truck that sits on the front wheels and front bumper with the rear tires off the ground instead of on all 4. But it'd be cool.

Seriously though, a big block with a granny 4-spd in a Bronco II. Really all that is going to be is an extremely front heavy, terrible handling, gas-sucking, D28/7.5 breaking waste of a dump truck drive train. But it'd be cool. But if you're like me, it will be one of those swaps that's really cool but you never want to drive much when it's finished because you hate the way it drives....

Anyways, just my $0.02.

LittleHorse

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
only Bronco II I've ever seen with a big block had a full fiberglass front end that tilted forward like a race truck. I don't know for sure that it was completely necessary, but I wouldn't be surprised. The inner fenders just aren't that wide.

Mac

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Maybe for a show truck but I think you're getting the drift of others, not very practical for street or trail. Mud bogs would be great!
Dave

fordtrucknut77

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
yea, im really not concerned about drivability, its gonna be off road only if i do it with full width axles and stretched wheel base. But I had been wondering about the weight issue and it being wayyy nose heavy. I may end up doing it to a ranger instead. Im still just kinda thinking things out right now. Not real sure what my next project will be!

joshnlsn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Go to youtube and look up wildhorse,it is a b2 with a big block and full width axles. Anything can be done with the right skills and cash...

fordtrucknut77

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ahhhhh yea i have seen tons of videos of wildhorse ...that thing is NASTTTTYYYYYYYY
the only thing is i have no idea what kind of chassis they used, for all i know it could be tube chassis or something