•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4x4 switch

sicks570

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just picked up an 88 bronco ii today. The 4x4 isn't working. I've gone through the very helpful procedure here http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/transfercasetroubleshooting.htm#Diagnosing_1994_&_Older_Electric_Shift_Transfer_Cases

Luckily the 4x4 module tested ok. From following the instructions I'm at the point where it appears that I have a bad switch. I'm very good with electronics and would prefer to just wire in a couple of toggle switches to replace the touch button. I can figure out which buttons do what and do all of the wiring but I have one question. Do the two buttons cause a constant 12v like a toggle switch or are they a momentary switch where when you push the button it only shows voltage for an amount of time to signal the 4x4 module?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i could be wrong, but i think they are just momentary.......

just go get a momentary switch and try it...if it doesn't keep it engaged then get a full toggle:icon_thumby:

l8r, John

sicks570

Reaction score
Thanks for the help John. The switches are momentary. I just wired something up and its still not working. I guess its time to continue through the troubleshooting steps!