•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

5.0l Swap HELP!!! please.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
Ok, i got my 1988 bronco II 4x4 for $250 bucks. I had a lot of stuff to replace. Clutch,flywheel,starter just to get it to run. then it started leaking oil down the back of the motor, i replaced the dist. shaft seal, and valve covers, it is still doing it and im sure its the vally pan(lower manifold gasket)
the stock 2.9l is in very good shape and runs very strong with no lifter noise what so ever.

BUT..... i just found a 1988 crown vic. LTD for $200 bucks with 75,000 original miles, it was owned by older people(60-80s) and they didnt drive it much. the fuel pump went out on them so they got a cheep car that gets good milage. the crown vic, has the oil pan i need and a AOD trans, i know i will need an adapter to use my transfercase.

im sure i will fork out the 40bucks to stop the oil leak on my 2.9l untill i can start the swap, just wanted to know peoples input. and to know if anyone could give me some insite on wireing, i have seen the 2.9l to 5.0l swap but had a few issues in some spots,.:icon_confused: it was kinda hard to follow.

thanks and any help would be nice:yahoo:

Last edited: