•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

84" b-2 build

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
I bought my b-2 in 2007 and have been working on since then altho right now time and money has put it on the back burner.:sad::dunno: It has a 79" 5.8 with 475 H.P. and 425 ft. lbs torque but I cracked one of the cylinders so now i need another motor lol ! I also have a 8" skyjacker lift and it has a 3" body lift but I've been having trouble with installing the front lift and finding good help is hard where I'm at.It's sitting on 36x12.50x15 buckshots and is running the stock diff"s. If anybody in the puyallup washington area has any good ideas for doing the lift I will take all the help I can get.

Attachments

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
my yard looks like shit lol ! junk from a yard sale we had so dont mind my mess.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Wow Really? Kind of makes me wounder why I joined this site? :dunno:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
475 HP into a stock axles? bad idea, you'll blow those up pulling out of the driveway.

what do you mean ideas on how to do the front lift? it's pretty straight forward, the rivets just suck ass.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Just woundering the best way to do the rivets? something that wont take a long ass time ?

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Well as far as blowing the axles I've Burned all 4 tires off and havent broke them yet . But my biggest complaint is the 5.8 - Cant get headers for it and it's a gas hog so I'm trying to deside weather to stay with it or swap it out for a 302?

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Was also woundering what I can do about the brakes because with the 36"s it doesent stop very well ? Do they make upgraded brakes for it or will I half to change up to bigger diff"s? I plan on running 19.5x44x15 Boggers down the road and will do a sas when that time come but for now I need to get the brakes to work better. And thanks for any help you give !

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i used a sawzall and cut the rivet flush with whatever bracket i was trying to get out. then drilled a 1/4" hole through the rivet, put a punch through the hole and punched it out. that was the fastest way i found for me. i had to take at least 20 out.

not sure about brakes on 44's. you need at least tons for that and even better would be rockwells. as far as right now, you could get a disc 8.8 from an explorer to put out back. that may help a little.

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Thanks for the imput ! I think I've decided to stay away from the 44"s right now and just work on getting the lift put in and get the damn thing running again. And as far as brakes go I'll probly have to go to the 8.8 front and rearand get rid of the 7.5 and dana 28. Damn these things cost alot of money !

wild horse

Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Well after much thought I've decided to call my rig project " Bad Company" Because thats what it's turning into lol ! I think it;s going to need front floor pans soon and I wounder when it's time to just call it quits? It's sat the last 4+ years without being touched and i'm finding alot (alot) of stuff wrong with it. Not to mention it keeps blowing brake boosters and I'm tired of buying them. What do you all think? Scrap it or keep going and hope for the best?

LIMA BEAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Small angle grinder with a cut off wheel will take the rivet heads off like butter along with a finger if you're not carefull, then just pop them out with a punch. Just dont catch all the junk on fire and burn down your truck, house, neighbors, hood ect.:icon_thumby: