•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

84 Starting Problem

Bronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I done a duraspark conversion to my 84 bronco II and it will not fire until i let off of the key. It will crank all day long and not start till the key switch goes back to the run position. Any suggestions?

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985, 2001
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Wiring problem. Look at a schematic; there is a direct 12V feed to the coil when the engine is cranking.

jeffnvegas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
starting issues

problem is in the steering column. there is a switch behind the ignition insert that is die cast surrounding a plastic component that has two little tits holding it in place. these can sometimes be tapped with a punch gently to resecure them and if not you have to buy a new one and replace it. the problem if you have to replace it is it's a real bear to get it out. there are multiple pins holding it in. i'm assuming you have the tilting steering wheel. took me lots of hair and contacts to cypher through this one. just a heads up, even if it doesn't look like it is loose it still could be. it fooled me.

Bronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Starting Issue

The piece your talking about must be up by the key switch? I will take a look at that see whats going on there.