•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

86 b2 rebuilt 2.9 eating oil

broncobuckinaround

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Vehicle
ford
not sure why but i just had all my leaks fixed and the motor cleaned so if it did leak oil again we would see it.

it was rebuilt last year. and now the oil light flickers at idle speed but doesnt when i accelerate.

im mostly concerned with the amount of oil being added every week. at least 1/2 a qt or more. leaks were fixed 4 weeks ago with a fresh oil change. ive added approx two qts since then to keep it full.

does anyone know why this could be happening, no blue smoke, or white. but my upper intake is wet with oil. could it be sucking it through the crank case vent. and burning it clean enough not to be noticed. dont know please help

werx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Man, I'm sorry, that's not what you want on a rebuilt.....did you personally do/purchase the rebuilt?

And you say there were leaks to fix.....on this fresh rebuilt. Something is not right.

I just bought my Bronco, and do you know how many D-Bags I talked to that were selling a "just rebuilt" engine? Several.

Aahhh, pull each plug and look for one that looks off color from all the others...looking for one that may have a leaky valve seal. Compression test to get an idea of the cylinder conditions. How does your oil look? Any snot on the dipstick or when you drain it.

That's a fair amount of oil, have you had some one follow you and actually look for smoke while you accelerate hard? The smoke is a lot easier to if someone is following you. And with properly running smog equipment, your cat. converter may be doing it's job and burning the crap up before it leaves the truck.

Anyway, I'm an accountant, I drive a desk for a living, but that's all I can come up with from years of trial and error.....mostly error.

Eric