•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

'89 harness to "87 chassis

jsfordboy02

Reaction score
I have an 88 bronco II, I did a body swap on it and put in a 89 dash with the entire wiring harness, except for the harness that runs down the frame to the taillights, fuel pumps ext. The only problem is I have 2 fuel pumps and the 89 harness that Im trying to splice into was meant for only i pump, has anyone else done this? I had a guy help me with this already with all the diagrams and he is really good and knows a lot but after we wired them up still no pumps. I can jump a ground test wire from one of the terminals on the diagnostic port to turn the pumps on but the in take pump still wont turn on, I just replaced it a couple of years ago to. Any help would be great, thanks.

jsfordboy02

Reaction score
well, the chassis, is a 9/87 so its a combination of 87 and 88, the wiring harness , dash and ecm are out of an 89. my truck has 2 pumps and the donor only had one. everything else in the truck has plugged in perfectly and everything else works I just dont have any fuel pressure when I turn the key on.....

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
My honest recommendation?

Get a tank unit, fuel lines and fuel filter mounting bracket from a 1989-90 Donor and "upgrade" to the later fuel system.

AD

jsfordboy02

Reaction score
fixed it, all it was was a faulty ground on my fuel pump relay.....dang it!