•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

90 BII 4.0 swap wiring question

truckerdawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I know I am an idiot(wife's opinion-anyone else ever get that) but perhaps my idiotic move this time was with the big white plug. I have 90 4x4 BII and grabbed the entire engine side wiring harness from the white plug to the computer all in one part from a 92 4x4 ranger 4.0. My BII has power windows and door locks but Ranger did not so the Ranger harness on each fender has only a 2 wire plug to feed the speakers but my BII needs 2 plugs with 10 wires on each fender. Here is where I think I screwed up. I cut the power windows and locks wiring with plugs and 2 fuse box power wires out of my BII harness- this left me with 7 wires that attach to this wiring (at the 2 plugs that feed my driver door power windows and locks) that ran back to the big white plug. What do I do with these 7 wires if anything? And will the donor big white plug be a plug-n-play on the BII. Have I made a mistake not using the BII white plug?

FordRanger1991

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
So that white plug is not going to be plug and play.
My swap where i put a 92 ranger harness in a 91 needed 7 wires re-pined in that plug.
You might want to lay the harness next to each other and compare every pin color. The ones that are different color you will probably need to follow and possibly re-pin. The bummer is that the evtms don't have that big plug with all the pins labeled so you will have to follow the different wires to figure out which wires do what.

As far as the fuse box/door wiring goes an evtm would should you exactly what those wires in the fuse box are where they go and how they finally meet up with the doors for the power windows and locks
so buy an evtm manual for the bronco and the donor ranger then you wont need to guess or follow wires forever for that part of the swap.

hope that helps!

Last edited:

truckerdawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Thank you for the reply. Yes I did buy the evtm manual for both vehicles and found out they do not have the big white plug labeled-who knows why not? And the donor power supply box has no connectors(fuse block) for the power locks, but I can fix that easy enough. It just that those 7 wires from the big white plug dead end into the power window and lock plugs. Okay 4 of the 7 match with the donor white plug( both number and color). However the other three do not match any colors on the donor white plug and their locations have definitely different wire gauge sizes. This is a HA. Is there any place to get the wiring diagram for the white bulkhead plug for each vehicle.

truckerdawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Good Work on your thread. I just took my BII power distribution box and rewired everything into it- my power window and door fuses are there so it made it easier just to swap everything into it and everything else was exactly the same. 4 of those 7 wires are speaker wires-made that easy. The other 3 I will tie into the same pin on the white bulk head plug except no number 29 on the donor vehicle.