•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

a4ld problem

igiveup

Reaction score
Hello

I have a small problem. I just finished my duraspark conversion on my B2.
Lockup is power by a switch. Went playing yesterday and got stuck. My B2 would not rev over 3000 floored . The motor seam to bog down(motor).I had a hard time finding any gear (auto od trany). I not sure what to ask so ask away and I will answer. Now there is a plastic pce broken on the shift part going into the trany so the shifter is a bit loose would this cause me to loose all gears? The trany did work on the way home and shifted nicely. This morning went out fired it up and reverse worked with no problems but forward gears seam to slip. Now if I need parts to fix what parts can I get from the junk yard. Also I was thinking of upgrading to a 94 areostar a4ld trany and rebuilt my valve body from my B2 to work the trany. I have lots of time to do the work but little money to do it. Taking a break from working. Any ideas?

igiveup

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
You didn't burn it up tryin to get unstuck did you? You might check the fluid, it should be nice and red if all is well. If it isn't chances it is shot.

The only plastic part of the shifter mechanism I can think of is the push rod inside the lever that you actuate with the button. Mine did break and made it hard to move the shifter, but that doesn't sound like your problem. Pictures of what broke would really help.

The later tranny's require more functions from the computer to operate properly than the older ones. I would take this oppertunity to hunt for a C-5 or a M5OD manual transmission.

igiveup

Reaction score
Hello

I went outside and moved the bronco and at first it would not find any forward gears so I left while I did some running around. Came back 3 hours later and it shifted into gear with no problems. The trany cooler is damaged from a front end crash but the tubes seem to be ok inside the fins. Could restriction of flow cause these problems?

igiveup

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
As long as the tubes are not crushed it shouldn't hurt anything, they make a tool to straighten the fins (coolers don't work well with the fins smashed flat.

Have you checked the fluid level yet? Low fluid will make them do funny things too.