•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

another 2.9 problem

prerunnerrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 AND 1986
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
So I was out in honda valley today by my house doing so minor wheeling and my 86 bronco II started to bog down. It was'nt to bad at first, I would just stop and rev it for a bit then it would be fine. About 20 minutes later it got real bad. It would bog till it died then I would start it and it would do the same thing. It got to the point where it would'nt even start, so I strapped it to my friends jeep, which was hard enough to do because he like to crack ford jokes. We pulled it out of the valley and I gave it another turn of the key and she started up like there was never any problem. Now this is not the first time, it will just do it out of the blue just to punk me sometimes. Does this sound like a fuel problem? I just gave it a full tune up and changed the fuel filter. Also the fuel pump always sounds like it is working. I have herd that sometimes the pick up sceen in the tank can detereate and clog the fuel pickup. Is this a pretty common occurance? All your insight is helpful, Thanks.:bsflag:

holyford86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
start with pulling codes, it could be one of many things. It is likely that you have a bad TFI module though.

jnunez86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
check your fuel pressure, just cause the pump is working doesn't mean its up to pressure.