•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Any experience with grafting newer armrests to older door panels ?

Trailrated92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey guys, anyone have any experience with grafting newer style Explorer or Ranger door armrests onto Gen II door panels ? I've finally gotten the last of the pieces I needed for my interior project. Picked up the power window/door lock switches, harness, motors , regulators , etc yesterday from a guy parting out a 89 Bronco II.

Im thrilled to have finally gotten this stuff, especially for only 40 bucks, and he threw in a set of Eddie Bauer front power buckets as well ! But I dont really like the mounting position ( in the door panel) and the outdated look of the switches and trim. Since Im completely re doing the interior, I'd LOVE to be able to graft on a newer set of arm rests with the switches located in the armrest itself if its at all possible. But this is totally uncharted territory for me. I'll live with what I have if I must, just having the pwr windows/locks is great, but if I can spend a little bit and use something newer for locating and mounting the switches thats really what I'd like to do.

Any ideas ???