•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

big ass alternator?

holyford86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I used a 130 amp 3.0 Taurus alternator, I had to swap it to a V belt pulley, it required a little bit of machining which would probably cost under 20 bucks if you had to pay someone to do it. I also had to make a little conversion bracket to get it to bolt into the slotted adjustment bracket on the 2.9. I had no issues with it in the 130 amp configuration and recently had it rebuilt to 200 amps, the only complaint I have with it is the belt life is not that great, I can get about a year out of a good belt.

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
i did what holyford did its real easy to do it, i didnt have to machine the pulley though found one that worked fine for the v belt, and for the bracket i used a chevy 350 bracket re drilled at the bottom and bent to match the factory one and it worked perfect i can post pics later if ya want

motaaa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
well then it looks like im heading to the junkyard tomorrow to see what i can dig up :D

motaaa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The bracket I made
for some reason my bracket is longer, i guess on your engine that ear thing on the alt had to be at 2 oclock but my factory alt had it top center like that picture :icon_confused: