•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Brake line for stock rear.

stevenf

Reaction score
I need a rear brake line for my Bronco II. The threads that go into the drum are bigger then the threads needed to go into the T-fitting on the differential.
I have tried Oreillys, Autozone, Advanced. None of them have brake lines with two different size threads. any ideas?

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I had the same issue with my rear lines at the proportioning valve. Go to NAPA, show them what you have and what you need, they sell adapter fittings, they are pricey but they do the job. I am going to assume that the fitting you have is a smaller diameter than the Tee. Are you positive that the tube you are replacing is the correct diameter?

stevenf

Reaction score
I have tried two different diameter lines. The first one had threads to small for the holes. I then brought one of the stock threads to oreillys to match the new brake line. It matched, but when I hooked it up, it fit the drum perfect, but is way to big for the T on the differential. Thats where im stuck at.
About how pricey are they?

And no, The fitting is to big for the T.

GoGoPowerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter V6
I blew a hard line on the rear end and no one had the line. I was able to find a 30" straight line that matched the wheel cyl threads and ended up cutting the other fitting off the new line,bending it to fit (carefully) then sliding the old fitting on it and double flaring it. Still holding strong after a year. 1/2 hr and $3.95 for the line Thats if your threads are good.

fordktpjoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I blew a hard line on the rear end and no one had the line. I was able to find a 30" straight line that matched the wheel cyl threads and ended up cutting the other fitting off the new line,bending it to fit (carefully) then sliding the old fitting on it and double flaring it. Still holding strong after a year. 1/2 hr and $3.95 for the line Thats if your threads are good.
^^^ what he said, and if you don't have a flaring tool, and don't wanna buy one...take the whole mess to NAPA (after measuring) and they'll flare it for ya! (DOUBLE flare) They didn't even charge me since I bought the line there.

Yellowsplash

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Dont put different sized line on your truck. You need 3/16" standard inverted flare, standard sae fitting brakeline. Measure for your length. You'll need a 3/16"-to-1/4" adapter for the fitting at the wheel cylinders. The other side should thread right into the T-block.