•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco 2 wont start

BSG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have a 88 Bronco 2 that wont start. It was having problems starting but when it did start it runs fine. The first time it died on me I had just put it in 2nd gear, and it started back up in a few minutes. The same thing for the 2nd time but that time it started back up right away. 3rd time it almost stared then died, and then started just fine 5-10 minutes later. 4th time it was 45 minutes till it started. Then when it wouldn't start I replaced the ICM, and it strated twice, once just to move it a few hundred feet then the next morning it ran for one and a half miles then just died in 4th gear. So now I have tested(with this site: http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford/4.9L-5.0L-5.8L/fuel-pump-relay-tests-1) the EEC relay(which is fine) and the fuel pump relay, which seems to be fine: but when I ran test 4 to see if the computer is activating the fuel pump relay, I was using a Multimeter, I get a connection but the fuel pump didn't turn on like it should. But the pump it working(I jumped wires 3 and 4 and turned it on). Doesn't that mean that the pump relay is bad? Any help would be great!!

BSG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Okay, the problem was the ground wires that were running to the negative terminal. I hope this can be some help to someone. I learned that it was that the injectors weren't firing, which is one of two problems. The fuel pump is bad, because it is not building enough pressure, or that the computer is not telling them to fire. Which means either it is bad or there is a ground problem because Ford computers won't run without a ground.