•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Bronco II Has Me Stumped

Detour439

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L V-6
Was driving along and engine just quits and will not start. When I turn on key the on-rail inline high pressure fuel pump waits about 30 seconds before it turns on. But then it stays on and will not turn off like it used to after pressurizing up the system. I had fuel pressure gauge hooked up to rail to verify 0 LBS and when pump turns on it goes to 40 LB. However I verified the injectors are also not pulsing/fueling and spark plugs are dry as bone.
Question: What could cause injectors to stop fueling and pump to stay on all the time. I must have a short somewhere because my code reader will not work and the Batt. neg. small ground wire that goes to bolt on front grill is getting hot when I crank and melting coating off.The fuel pumps were put on new about a year ago with new fuel filter.I read another article with almost same problem and claims the erg above fuel rail shorted out the computer and worked fine after replacing erg.Never heard of erg but I know where the egr is but thought this was vac item only and not wired.Relays were swapped out and still have problem.Thanks

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I also suggest checking all your grounds, also wires, look for any melted/burned ones

Detour439

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L V-6
Problem Solved.It was the eec-IV main computer.Got another from Junk yard for $15.00 Thanks Again